10

Dear Diary,

I was thinking the whole week about what you said and I was done. When you told me it was all because of your mother, I couldn't believe you. I thought you didn't fight for me, I thought you just gave in.

But you were fighting, Jungkook. You were fighting with them, with yourself, just to ....protect me?

I slapped you again. And I didn't regret this time either.

Cause who the fuck were you to even decide what was good and not for me? To make the decision of giving yourself up for me to have my dreams? You asshole, had no right to do that.

I decided to give you my answer today. I called you to meet me at the rooftop and you looked super nervous. You had no right to treat me the way you did. No right to leave me without informing me anything about your struggles. It was hard, all these months alone with my anxiety and stress.

I can't do it anymore, Jungkook. I need space, from all the drama, all the emotions, from....you and everything.

I don't want to be in a relationship. I am not ready to be in one yet.

And the moment you heard it, your fac--

"Tae!" He heard his husband as he kept the diary back in the old carton, wiping off a thin trail of tears with the back of his palm.

"In here!" He replied clearing his throat.

"Taehyung, I've been calling you fo--" The male's words died in his mouth when he saw the other, "Oh god, Tae! What's wrong? Oh no. I am sorry if I did anything. I didn't mean to hurt y--" Taehyung chuckled at his cuteness before kissing his cheek.

"No, love. I'm fine, I'm just.... emotional." He cleared out making the other sigh in relief, "I was just cleaning and, found my diary.....the highschool one." He breathed out glancing at the brown vintage cover before smiling at his beloved.

The other wrapped his arms around Taehyung's built frame, "You miss those days?"

"No, not really. But they were memorable. The regrets, the fear, the courage and pain. I think I needed that very much," He smiled, "I don't miss them, but they are not unmissable as well. It'd be unfair to summarise my whole high school experience as painful just because of a bad breakup."

The other hummed, eyes closed as he listened to his husband attentively, "That's true." A few seconds later they found themselves wrapped in a comforting hug with a quiet atmosphere that only made the moment softer.

"But I still think what you did was stupid as fuck."

"Hmm? Which part exactly?"

Taehyung hissed in irritation, "The part where you drop out of high school and instead allow me to pursue college. And when you started working as a field technicia--"

"Tae," He interrupted, "I have no problem in being a repair guy, really."

"You've told me that a thousand times," He turned around, soft expression on his handsome face, "But I know you regret it. Be honest for once. It won't take away your muscles."

"Okay....but I don't have deep regrets like you're assuming, baby. Everything worked out in the end right? I know I can't play basketball officially anymore, but I get to go to the matches with you, so.... that kinda makes up for everything." He smiled.