Overcross

[Nestled towards the center of some scattered entries lies a page bookmarked with a slip of paper, a list of names written on it with some crossed out and a rose hastily drawn next to two of them. A date is messily scribbled in the top left corner of the page the bookmark directs to, almost illegible to the untrained eye, and a tiny poorly drawn star was added next to it in shimmering gold pen. A side note written next to these has long since been crossed out but reads: Call Russ - (illegible series of numbers) - Ask about accident]

...

Hey, it's been a hot minute since I last wrote in this, huh? Get it? Hot minute?

...

Anyway, I guess I'm continuing where I left off a year ago with a quick ~life update~

...

Sheesh, has it really been a year since I last wrote? What was I doing for a whole year that kept me from keeping notes? Was I committing crimes? Causing natural disasters? ... Was I in a coma or something? Wish I could remember, honestly. I hope it was something good, Seers knows Russ would have lost his shit if I caused any problems. I'm not in prison, so that's a good thing, right? Still, I can't help but wonder what happened to get me here?

...

It hurts trying to think about it, kinda like I'm taking a soldering iron to my eye sockets. The accident must've screwed with my brain a little, which makes total sense, but the constant pain in my corneas is a little weird... It happens every time I try to ignite a memory, but instead all I seem to do is ignite pain. Ah, well, no use forcing myself to remember. It can't be too important if the memories aren't in there for the time being. Besides, it'll all come back to me eventually! Like what a concussion does! ... I think.

...

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah! My initial reason for writing! Get this: I managed to find my way to a whole new world called Overcross! Not that I meant to, I just kinda woke up here out of the blue. Crazy, right? One minute I was probably in a coma, and the next I was laying in some stranger's bed in absolute pain! Luckily, the kind stranger who took me in offered some potions, though I still couldn't move for a while. I haven't felt that terrible since... [There's a subtle ink pool stain on the page, creating a small gap.] Since my training days back home, I think? It was awful. I was also confused, which didn't help at all. Some teal-haired kid that lived where I was staying told me I came sprinting through the front entrance screaming bloody murder and got hit by a Gummi limo. A Gummi limo! I had no idea those existed! And I got hit by one! Not that I should be excited or anything I just think it's neat.

...

Surprisingly, he said I survived with only a few broken ribs! The kid and his mom took me in for the night so I can recover, which was oddly sweet of him to do for a total stranger who didn't make the best first impression. Though he did tell me that he's done this plenty of times with other travellers in similar situations. His mom was like "Alto, my child, you need to stop bringing in Alpha-bound strays!" Whatever "Alpha-bound" means... It was good natured fun, at least. I kinda miss having something like this...

...

Anyway, he's gonna show me around the city in the morning with a friend of his. Maybe I'll ask him how to get back to Traverse Town? Or more importantly how to contact Russ? ... Would he even want to hear from me?

...

I should get some sleep. Lots of things to do and see, and many things to eat for breakfast! I hope they like poached eggs...