Filgaia

[A series of short and unimportant entries fly by, landing on a date marked by a gold star sticker. There's some stray sand tucked into the crease between the pages, sliding just a smidge when the journal is tilted. A sidenote reads: Research worlds in books!!! Might be helpful!!!]

...

Y'know, I woke up this morning thinking that I was gonna have a chill day, maybe go for a jog and get some fresh air, but uh... I ended up hopping on the first flight out to Filgaia. I didn't know that trip was today!! I would have actually prepared!! Too late now though, we've gotten too far in to turn around. Like... REALLY far in.

...

It was great, we landed in the middle of the desert and had to hike into town, what cow man - TC - called Humphrey's Peak, if I heard correctly. We only sped up the hike when a bunch of Heartless started bombarding the town and terrorizing the citizens. It was pretty easy! ... Except for how many times I missed with that damned scythe. It's so HEAVY. Seers above, if that thing's supposed to represent my soul I need to lighten up big time.

...

Regardless, the townsfolk were incredibly happy to see TC back in town. They kept calling him Igneel, which I'm guessing is his name? Wayrren's apprentice, Simon had a fairly funny variation. Leg in gel, I think. I don't think I can top that at all!

...

Everyone seemed to part ways after that. Most went to get drunk, some ordered rooms at the inn, the green cat lady had a meltdown outside the tavern... I sat down in the tavern for a bit, but decided to go wander around for a while instead, look at some things... It's getting pretty late now, so I might just spend the night stargazing.

...

I wish Tobias were here to see this. They would love it.

...

[The next date written is, well, the next day. There's a doodle of both a carrot surrounded by question marks and a fish on fire next to it.]

...

Man, I missed breakfast this morning and instead had to help the rest of the crew beat the everliving beans and rice out of some idiot bandits. The funny part? THEY RAN AWAY. Absolute cowards, can't take more than two hits before going and crying to their mommies. Pathetic!!

...

At the same time, I also found out that when casting thunder magic I start to lose feeling in my hands, which absolutely sucks. I haven't felt that many pins and needles since I broke my arm that one time...

...

Right after the fight, somebody was being terrorized by Heartless across town. I was almost convinced it was a robbery, but was severely disappointed. There was also a missing baby Nobody on the loose. Where did we find him? At the "robbery" site. Didn't have enough time to breathe and things were already picking up. Filgaia's weird...

...

What would be next? Another hike, of course! We ended up following a trail all the way to this weird pyramid base... thing. Beat up some Heartless using a glass bowl the team together made. I helped!! It's the first thing I'm actually proud of contributing to so far, not gonna lie. I was hoping to keep the serotonin boost, but that sure didn't happen!

...

I almost got caught by, uh... Cat Soup...? Oh, it's Katsuo- Anyway, I almost got caught by him for talking about the weird variation of carrot that exists here with Iris... In fact, Iris has been incredibly vocal today, so I'm surprised I haven't been caught yet... Crisis averted, I guess!! Not that they don't deserve to know about those two, I just... I dunno. I don't feel like being an outlier again is all. It's already embarrassing enough to hide, how do I know they'll react well when I bring it up officially? ... I have to be more careful.

...

Oh, right. Why did I bring up the carrots? Wayrren got mad at us for our MP usage after one of the extras from Humphrey's Peak tried donating some MP to the rest of us. There was a terrible argument about it, not to mention that Wayrren went straight for TC's throat. YIKES. Luckily, he focused his fury on a broken Keyblade instead. I will admit, I didn't care much about the Keyblade myself, but for some reason I had the urge the burn down the whole facility. Not unusual in the slightest, but it was much worse than I'm used to.

...

Didn't take long for the fury to be redirected again as that stupid band of bandits came back and had gotten inside. They were after some sort of golem core, big power yadda yadda... We caught up to them and the leader turned into a fuckin' FISH. I may or may not have threatened to turn him into fish sticks to feed to the dragon. [A doodle of a mischievously grinning face separates the segments.] TC also got knocked right on his ass it was HILARIOUS. And then fish man turned into powder, which was far less hilarious. MAN the Heartless he summoned in his place??? TC's Heartless??? I mistook it for an umbrella at first! That thing was tall... Not as tall as [An ink stain blocks out the space here.] ... Actually I have no idea what to compare it to. Oh, maybe that horrendous golem we had to take down next! Yeah, that core the bandits were after? They got it, unfortunately, but the giant ass machine was no match for brute force! How so? Calum had the bright idea to trip it with a rope. We were on the same wavelength, just different ends. At least we disabled it! It was much funnier to watch since the head bandit was a mere booger on the shoulder of this thing. Absolutely magnificent, if I do say so myself. What makes me mad is that we were SO CLOSE to destroying it ourselves! But Frost Top, or I guess Caelum as he's called, bashed his way through the head.

...

Wait, did I mention that TC got recompleted yet? No? Right, so he got recompleted and apparently ended up at the castle. Wild ass cow man showed up with others from the castle, rammed his ship STRAIGHT through the golem's head and absolutely trashed the front end!! That booger didn't stand a chance!! Booger man up and disappeared afterwards, which meant no takeout for the dragon, unfortunately. Ah, but we could finally leave! I was surprised at the amount of new members that came with the castle crew. Must've been packed, especially with the dragon.

...

Caelum was also kind enough to spawn in some melons. No idea why, I ate a whole one on my own on the way back. Incredibly tasty.

...

Now I'm just kinda... vibing by the campfire, learning some new things and... I think making friends? [Another ink stain decorates the page, though it looks a bit smudged.] Hold on, I've got to end this here. Something's wrong with the castle.