Interim 1

[The entry here seems to be a continuation of the last, merging into one for the following day. The time was written carefully, no star to be seen. The date for the second entry, on the other hand, was a mess with a half-assed star scribbled by it. A sidenote next to the first entry reads: Books can hold worlds? Check library later. A small corner of the page is folded as if to bookmark it.]

...

We're finally back. The crew we got was certainly lively. The gargoyle kept asking me for in-flight peanuts, which I... ate... in advance... Besides, I'm not a flight attendant!!! Just a clown that didn't think to wake up on time. There was also a big lizard glaring at me something fierce. Or was he glaring at everyone? Tough to say for sure... Oh, and some others, but I wasn't paying much attention, so...

...

Gotta say that it was a terrible day to be introducing newbies to the group. Cow man and shady man updated me and another person on what happened, and... It was not what I was expecting, to say the least. It took every fiber in my being to not want to vomit, which is weird. Things like what happened to... what was his name? Leif? Horrible of me to forget, really, but I barely knew the guy for even a night, so...

...

Anyway, things like that never made me squeamish before. How come now is when [an ink stain blocks out the lettering] starts bothering me? Regardless, it hit everyone's morale pretty hard. We all went off to do our own stuff after that. Cow man made stew, the green cat lass got into another fight, from what I heard. Sure is an eventful day...

...

Here's to hoping the shady man doesn't fill my nightmares with, well, more nightmares tonight.

...

[A line is drawn to separate the entries, the next date vibing right under it.]

...

I actually had pleasant dreams! Which surprised me as much as it did when I found out I slept in the garden overnight. Not really a surprise, per say, but y'know usually when I sleep outside someone tries to stab me. Ah, well...

...

I had breakfast in the kitchen for the first time in a few days! I missed that, for some reason... Though I almost got barreled into by one of those hyperactive toons running around. The big lizard sent 'em flying right out of the kitchen! Wish I was around to see what happened to lead to that. The big lizard also cleaned out the fridge, so I had to improvise on breakfast. Luckily, oatmeal is an old classic that's easy to make on short supply, and I even managed to scavenge a banana from the kitchen wreck to add in as well.

...

Enough about breakfast! The real nitty gritty of my morning was that the cow man found out about my tinkering and snacking, so I'm... in trouble? I think? He wasn't mad, just disappointed which was somehow worse. I'm so used to people yelling at me that he truly caught me off guard with how calm he was about it. He reminds me of Russ. Anyway, I promised him I would make up for it and that was that.

...

Surprisingly, my promise was cashed in immediately when he needed my help. I wanted to eat breakfast outside, but took too long, yadda yadda, so he caught me on my way out after I washed my dishes. Something about an alarm and the demon guy we're hunting down. Odūn... Huh. That's the first I remember a name that isn't my own!

...

Anyway, we have a prisoner in the basement and she got messed with pretty bad, so we had to upgrade the Gummi ship's sonar to prevent that from happening again. Seems like a cheap way, don't we need actual defenses here??? Like magic statues or something???

...

Qualms aside, I had to work together with probably the dumbest man I've ever met. Actually, that's pretty rude. ONE of the dumbest men I've ever met. Calum, I think his name was? Came to work half asleep, we started talking about ideas for an electric floor defense system... I will admit he is creative though. Had me shutting off my brain in no time flat, really. Luckily, no one else was around to hear that embarrassing conversation we had about electric floor workarounds...

...

When the cow man and the shady guy -Finally remembered his name was Wayrren, no thanks to how many times the cow man refers to everyone by name- came back, things started picking up when they found a whole ass living suit of armor downstairs!! Funny enough, I stayed behind 'cause it was none of my business, but then I got asked to communicate with it and who could pass that up??? I didn't think suits of armor could talk... and they don't... It did try to speak in morse code, which I got but didn't register. Now I have a page with a few answered questions on it from this suit, since it was apparently literate.

...

Exciting as it was, the worst part was when SOMEONE SET OFF THE ALARM. It only lasted a split moment but OW. MY EARS. I accidentally shouted at Calum, damned tinnitus made it impossible to hear. At least he helped me talk to the thing, which I greatly appreciated. And then the cat boy showed up. M'anah? Yeah, that one. Made it a party of three staring down one suit of armor, how wacky. It was fun, aside from the... sheer embarrassment that everyone in the castle knows that I took a nap. Cow man really told everyone, huh? Man-

...

Not like it matters, I keep getting off topic. Two of the newbies had a crisis, then shortly after I was supposed to take the suit of armor over to the leaders and uhhh... it up and disappeared. But hey, they added a waterpark! ... I think I'm done being present for the day. If anyone needs me, I'm taking the fattest nap.