𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐞

"ONE TOUCH!" the middle blockers jumped as the ball went past their fingers

aoba johsai was having a match with date tech high. it was a smaller type of match, though. but of course, you came to watch anyway.

you have always came to watch whenever aoba johsai played, but you did missed a few times due to busy schedule. it can't be helped.

"toss to me!" he called out.

there he was. number 4. the ace.

he had brown, spikey hair, which looked soft to touch. he was a strong player, each spikes he sent was filled with strength.

though he had been blocked by date tech lots of times today, there are still a few balls that he managed to spike through their so-called "iron wall".

he was incredible.

"iwa-chan!" the setter called out as he set the ball flying to where the ace was.

iwaizumi hajime. that was his name.

you have had your eyes on him ever since the first time you watched them play in the gymnasium, during the match they lost to shiratorizawa.

that match was the one that grew your interest in volleyball, hence, you took up the opportunity to become the manager for your school's volleyball club.

you had never told anyone, though. i mean, as the manager of karasuno, is it really a good idea to fall for the ace from a rival school? don't think so.

but still, watching him play in every match made your heart feel all warm and fuzzy inside. the smile he would give after his spike was successful.

"nice kill, iwaizumi!" his members pat his back. "thank you," he nodded.

the game resumed. it was the great king's turn to serve, oikawa tooru. that was the name your juniors gave him. his serves were powerful and difficult to receive.

aoba johsai is at an advantage.

your eyes were glued to one particular player. iwaizumi. you watched closely at every move he makes; his receives, his spikes, and his blocks. the way his body moves and the way he ran across the court.

before you knew it, the match was over. aoba johsai won both sets, only differ by 2 points.

hurriedly, you left the bleachers and head outside. today, you have made up your mind to make a move. its time to approach iwaizumi.

but is this the right timing? what if i'm wrong... i- i cant. i'm going to fail, i'm risking my pride- i- ohmygod!

you took a deep breath. you were panicking, your heart almost leaping out of your chest.

i'm not a pussy. i won't chicken out. i'll go up to him and approach him.

you head out of the entrance and look around. you saw some of the members walked out, but no sight of the said ace. you saw oikawa being swarmed by a group of his fangirls.