𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN," coach nekomata announced and all the boys ran to the grills, gobbling up the food

"EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN," coach nekomata announced and all the boys ran to the grills, gobbling up the food. you walked over to bokuto and hinata, while picking up food from the grill onto your plate.

"whoa! you're one of the top five spikers?!" hinata wowed and bokuto have a proud grin on his face. "but, ushiwaka from miyagi is in the top three." kuroo suddenly appeared in front of you, out of nowhere. you were taken aback by how close he was standing, remembering the incident days ago.

he stared at you and you got nervous. you started to cough as the food got stuck in your throat, causing you to choke. "y/n, are you okay?" kuroo asked and placed a hand behind your back, slowly rubbing it.

"here, have some water, y/n- san." hinata handed you a glass of water and you hurriedly chug it down. "thank you, shoyo." you said and wiped the corner of your lips. "are you okay?" kuroo questioned again, his face inches away from yours.

you quickly backed away and nodded your head. "i'll... um... go look for akaashi." you said and excused yourself before anyone could say anything. kuroo sighed in exhaustion and brought his eyes back his friend with a close resemblance of an owl.

"what was that, kuroo? did something happened?" bokuto asked. hinata's eyes widened and he swallowed his food. "what's going on, bokuto- san?" he asked. "it's nothing. i think she misunderstood something." kuroo shut down the question and left hurriedly, walking back to where he came from.

his eyes searched for where you could be. compared to all the tall guys in this room, it was hard to find you. he tried to be subtle about it but it was pretty obvious he was searching for someone from the way his body seems uneasy.

you approached tsukishima and yamaguchi who were sitting on the steps, along with kenma. you heaved out a breath of relief when kuroo was still nowhere to be seen, that lasted only for a good minute before he popped out of nowhere again, greeting you and kenma with food.

"eat more, both of you!" he scolded and handed you and kenma each a plate filled with food. you accepted it and slowly pick on the food, feeling a little nervous around him. "oi, are you avoiding me?" he asked straightforwardly.

"wha- no! its just... uh... that..." you had no idea on how to answer to why you're acting the way you are, except for the fact that you got nervous when his face was so close to kissing yours a few nights ago on the rooftop.

"look, what happened at the rooftop, it was nothing. there was a bug on your shoulder. that's all." he crouched down a little to meet with your eyes. you felt a blush crept up your cheeks and turned away. "i know that. don't worry about it." you mumbled.

"when did what happened at the rooftop?" bokuto approached with akaashi, a smug hanging on his lips. "nothing happened!" you and kuroo both yell in unison. bokuto raised an eyebrow and eyed you both up and down, before dropping the topic.

"so... we good?" kuroo asked and you slowly nodded. "yeah." you gave him a big smile after days of avoiding his gaze. his gaze soften and he gently pat your head. "good." and he walked away.

"dude, you know you can tell me what happened, right?" bokuto and kuroo walked to a quiet corner behind the building. kuroo sighed and stared at the ground, rubbing his temples.

"bro, i kinda fucked up, i think?" he finally turned to face his friend. "what happened?" bokuto asked, genuinely curious. "that day, we were both at the rooftop, and i wanted to kiss her. and i almost did." kuroo spoke, his voice low and hesitant.

bokuto was silent, his pupils slightly wavering, unsure of what to say at the moment. "but i didn't." kuroo said after a short pause. as if reading bokuto's mind, he immediately spoke again before his friend could ask. "because she likes another boy."

this was probably one of the times where bokuto was too quiet, and it was truly rare. "well, how do you know that?" bokuto chuckled, a hint of joke in his tone, trying to cheer up his friend and the sad atmosphere. kuroo slumped his shoulder and sighed. "bro, i know the dude she likes. i watched them, and how she adores him. i don't stand a chance."

"still, if you really like her you should give it a shot, kuroo. you're just going to back down without a fight?" bokuto placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. kuroo was quiet for a few minutes, as if deep in thoughts. "i don't want to lose her. if being friends means having her with me, that's good enough." kuroo answered, sounding dejected.

bokuto, being the cheerful person he is, voiced out his opinion. hand rubbing his chin, he said, "well, if you tried and put effort into it, there's a probability she would like you back. and if she doesn't, you'll still be just friends. don't you think?" he simplemindedly declared.

kuroo was a little surprised, and though his friend was right, he knew he had already lost against iwaizumi from the beginning. he never stood a chance, not with you. he sighed. "you're right, ko. i guess i'll try... but there's no guarantee it'll work out."

"don't worry about it. i'll be your biggest supporter!" bokuto cheered on and slapped his back multiple times, unaware of how strong his strength is.

walking back to the site, watching as everyone was cleaning up the place together, kuroo's eyes wandered around to look for a certain brunette. you caught his eyes in no time, in the center speaking with akaashi, konoha, and a few other guys.

they were blasting music on the bluetooth speaker, ghost girl by lil peep was playing and he couldn't help but smile when he watched the girl of his dreams sang every lyrics of the song, not missing a line while shooting random hand signs, imitating a rapper.

the boys cheered you on and laughed. a smile plastered on your face when you saw everyone's happy expression. that was the thing kuroo liked about you. you were able to make everyone feel comfortable and warm. just being near you could make anyone feel better.

kuroo and bokuto approached the group and you greeted them with a wave. you could've sworn you saw kuroo's eyes sparkled when you made eye contact with him. "we'll be leaving soon, y/n!" nishinoya yelled from across the field before going back to his conversation with ryu and yamamoto.

"seems like i'm leaving again," you sighed and pouted. "don't worry, win the matches tomorrow and you'll be back again!" bokuto cheered. "that's right," kuroo chuckled and wrapped his arm around your neck. "ah! tetsurou stop!" you hit his arm and he laughed.

eventually you and the rest of karasuno walked over to the rented bus. you gave your friends a hug each and went ahead to the bus. kuroo admired you from afar, it felt as if everything was in slow motion.

he watched as you stopped in your tracks and run your fingers through your brown locks and flashing a smile, waving goodbye to everyone. the way your brown eyes seemed lighter under the sun, and how adorable you looked when you slightly skipped your way into the bus. at that moment it felt like he had just saw you for the first time.

"this one's gonna hurt." he muttered under his breath, but kenma caught on. "what?" the blonde male asked.

"it's nothing." kuroo faked a smile.