𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐞

"DO I REALLY NEED TO WEAR THIS?" you stared into the mirror and asked the class rep

"DO I REALLY NEED TO WEAR THIS?" you stared into the mirror and asked the class rep. "yes! and please hurry! we need to prepare the onigiri before the festival begin!" she stood up from your bed and opened your drawer. "here, put this on!" she placed the cat-ears headband kuroo bought on your head softly fixed your hair.

"you look so pretty!" she cheered and you forced a smile. "great now let's go!" she grabbed your arm and dragged you downstairs, leaving your house and you both walked to school together. "god, i feel so odd in these..." you pulled down the hem of the dress, trying to cover up your thighs.

"i think you look really great, y/n! those socks grip your thighs really well." she smiled. you scrunched your nose and stared in disgust. "please don't ever say that again," you sighed and she giggled. "yes, ma'am!" she saluted.

after about ten minutes of walking, you both arrived at karasuno and entered the building. you and the class rep meed up with the remaining three, and most of the stalls are already prepared.

you and the three of them start preparing the onigiri and placed them out evenly on the plates. soon enough, more people started coming in to visit and you excused yourself when you felt your phone buzz in your pocket. you took it out to see that iwaizumi had texted you.

iwa arm strong😋:
[ sent 1 attachment ]

iwa arm strong😋: [ sent 1 attachment ]

this u? or am i tripping

y/n:
yeah u tripping mf
that ain't me
now pls turn back around

「 、」

you felt a tap on your shoulder and you quickly turned around, and it was iwaizumi. you didn't know what to say so you quickly turned back around and walked back to the school entrance. "wait, y/n!" he called out from behind you.

"i'm not y/n, haha." you denied. you heard him snorted and you groaned in embarrassment. "what are you doing here, hajime?" you turned to face him. "why didn't you tell me?" he smiled. "because i don't want you to see me in this, it's embarrassing." you groaned.

he stared at you up and down, then look at your face again. "i think you look great. i really like it." he chuckled. you felt a blush crept up your face and you hit his arm. "shut up. i'm going back." you rolled your eyes and walked back to the school grounds, but iwaizumi followed you the whole way.

"dude, leave." you said to him while standing at the stall. "you're chasing away a customer?" iwaizumi cocked an eyebrow. you sighed and faked a smile. "i'm sorry, sir. please, pick one from these flavors." you send him a death glare.

"uhm, i'll have all three please." he tried to remain calm but you could see his face was struggling to hold back the urge to tease you. you took the onigiri and placed them in the takeaway box. you put them in a bag and handed it to him. he paid for it and eventually left, walking around your school and checking out each stalls.

"fuck." you muttered under your breath when your eyes landed on a familiar group of boys. you quickly tried to hide your face by looking away but it was too late. "y/n!" the nekoma's captain screamed your name, causing some of the people around to turn and stare.

you groaned in exasperation and stared at him, feeling lifeless. "whoa! you look so good, y/n!" bokuto complimented. "thank you, bo." you smiled. "you're even wearing the headband i got you." kuroo awed and dramatically placed a hand on his chest, acting touched. "go away, kuroo." you glared.

the class rep cleared her throat and approached you. "you're chasing away the customers?" she faked a smile. "no, i'm sorry." you apologised and she left. "fine pick something i guess." you lazily motioned to the onigiri. "we'll have three each please!" bokuto exclaimed. "me too!" kuroo joined.

you prepared their orders and watched as they walked off to explore your school. iwaizumi stopped by a stall and he suddenly remembered the little box he had in his pocket. he had bought you a necklace and wanted to confess to you today.

the stall right in front of him reminded him of you as he picked a simple bouquet of flowers and paid. he hoped that you'd accept his confession. he felt like today was a good day and was pretty confident about it too. he took the flower in his hand and walked off, wandering around the school.

minutes after iwaizumi had left, kuroo came across the same stall. he was pretty excited and he quickly bought a single red rose. he held it close to him and walked away.

you felt your phone buzzed again and you took it out of pocket. you checked that iwaizumi had texted you to meet him behind the school. you smiled and replied with an okay. you excused yourself and told your classmates you'd be going to the bathroom.

you hurried over to the back of the school and saw iwaizumi waiting with his hands behind his back.

"iwa?" you called and slowly approached him. he welcomed you with a smile.

"hey." he handed you the flowers in his hand. "for you." you couldn't help but smile and took the flowers. "thank you, iwa. you didn't have to."

"i wanted to, and i want to ask you a question." he stood in front of you, taking a few steps closer.

"i was wondering... if you would... let me be your boyfriend?" he asked and took out a little box from his pocket.

"iwaizumi..." you stared at him, eyes widening and feeling tears threatening to fall.

"iwaizumi of course i would!" you pulled him in a hug and he chuckled under his breath. he pulled away and opened the box in his hand.

"this is for you. its a matching one." he pointed to the sun necklace hanging on his neck, while showing you the moon necklace in the box.

"let me put it on for you." he said and walked over to your back, putting the necklace on you.

"why am i the moon?" you asked.

"because you were there for me in my darkest time." he clasped the necklace and spinned you around to face him.

"and i want to be your sun, always shining on you and make sure you have a bright way ahead." he smiled and planted a kiss on your forehead.

"thank you hajime. its beautiful, i love it." you hugged him and he walked you back to your stall. "i'll go meet up with tooru, i'll pick you up later, okay?" he said and gave your head a pat.