𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐬

BY THE TIME the bus arrived at school, it was already late in evening

BY THE TIME the bus arrived at school, it was already late in evening. honestly you felt really sleep deprived from the lack of rest. you waited for kageyama next to the gym while he was in the clubroom. you stood up straight when you heard distant footsteps and turned to see him approaching the gym with a shorter male following behind him. confused, you asked both males what they were up to.

"oh, y/n- san! me and kageyama wanted to practice our quick attack. come on in and help us." the ginger gave you a light smile. you hesitated but decided to do so anyway. it was the least you could do the help right now. the three of you entered the gym and kageyama turned on the lights while you pushed the ball out of the store room. the two male were putting up the net without speaking to each other.

you passed the first ball to kageyama. he tossed, hinata jumped, the ball was missed. "again." hinata demanded. you passed another ball, and another miss. another ball, and another missed. hinata's grunts and the sound of his shoes against the wooden floor echoed through the empty gym. it went on and on up until kageyama lost his patience.

"why do you bother doing this? you could just improve your blocks or your receive." kageyama said, sounding annoyed. "it will be meaningless if my spikes are blocked." he spoke up. "that's why i told you i will set you a ball that won't be blocked!" kageyama raised his voice, sending shivers up your spine.

"i just want to improve, kageyama!" hinata yelled back, anger was visible on both of their faces. you felt the hair behind tour neck stood up. you always hated arguments and fights, especially between the ones you're close to.

"hey you guys. please calm down. be rational and talk about it." you said, not taking a step away from where you were standing. kageyama lost his composure and pulled hinata by his collar.

"you're being selfish. PRELIMINARIES IS IN A MONTH, AND YOU'RE JUST GOING TO RUIN THINGS WITH YOUR LOUSY TECHNIQUES!" the dark haired male yelled with his grip tightening on the latter's collar. hinata was silent for a moment. the ginger male gritted his teeth and fought back.

"I WANT TO FIGHT ON MY OWN TOO!" he yelled and grip onto kageyama's hand that was gripping tightly on his shirt. kageyama, filled with rage, shook him and threw him down onto the ground.

"OI OI TOBIO, CALM DOWN!" you demanded with both your hands out, telling them to stop. kageyama panted, "i'll toss to whoever is essential of winning. and right now it's not you." he turned his back on hinata and started walking away, until hinata got back up on his feet and charged onto kageyama.

"HINATA!" you yelled and he went straight for kageyama, kageyama threw him off onto the ground once again and you hurriedly went to stop hinata. "HINATA CALM DOWN! STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!" you grabbed his arm but he swatted it off, pushing you away in the process and you fell to the ground.

hinata went up against kageyama once again and they started fighting. words were said, and punches were thrown. you couldn't have done anything to stop them at that moment so you ran out of the gym, looking for anyone that could help.

"RYU!" you yelled out when you spotted the familiar bald guy from your team. you caught up to him, short of breath and panting. "what's up, y/n?" he asked with a confused face. "HINATA AND KAGEYAMA ARE FIGHTING IN THE GYM, STOP THEM. RIGHT NOW!" you demanded.

his eyes widened in shock and he ran straight ahead towards the gym, you trying to follow up but failed miserably. you stopped by the vending machine and leaned your hands against the wall, trying to catch your breath. your head was dizzy and you felt sleepy and tired.

you slowly make your way to the gym again but both kageyama and hinata walked out with bruises and a frown on their face. tanaka came from behind then and gave you a thumbs up. "all done!" he grinned. "you hit them?!" you asked bewilderedly. "they wouldn't listen, so that's the only option." he shrugged but you understood where he was coming from.

"tsk! ah!" the setter winced in pain. "stop moving. if you had calmed down and listened to me this wouldn't have happened." you glared at the boy as you clean his bruise on his cheek with alcohol and disinfectant.

"tsk. it wasn't my fault he's being stupid." he pouted. "still, you should've talked about it instead of pulling that stunt." you placed a plaster over his open wound and stood up from the bench, throwing away the used cotton bud and cotton ball into the dustbin three steps away. "let's go." you demanded at your junior and he stood up from the bench in front of the convenience store.

the walk back home was silent and you both didn't speak about the situation. you assumed that he was still angry and you didn't want to make it any worse. you bid goodbye to kageyama once you arrived in front of your house. you took off your shoes at the front door and placed them on the rack.

you went to the bathroom and took a warm shower. you felt the soreness from your body slightly decreased. you finished up and went to the kitchen, eating your heart out. you were frustrated and upset at everything that's happening right now and how you had no control over it.

you knew kageyama was right, but you understood hinata's frustration as well. the spring inter high is in a month, and you weren't confident in your team with their condition right now.

after brushing your teeth. you got ready for bed and tuck yourself in. you thought of ways to solve the conflict between the two first years. slowly, your eyelids got heavier and heavier by the minute and before your realised it, you were already fast asleep.

______________________
a/n: the time is kinda weird but they're gonna have another camp for summer break okkk 😩
______________________