Chapter 10

Old Friends

An old, battered car arrives turns a corner onto level six of the parking garage in Leipzig/Halle airport. It parks next to a gray van.

People exit the gray van and the old, battered car.

"Cap" Clint Barton says.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice."

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor. Besides. I owe a debt."

Steve looks at Clint and the other two girls who just exited the van. "Thanks for having my back."

The girl with black hair and blue eyes smiles. "I'll always be watching your back gramps." As she speaks many of the people around notice the faint British accent. The said girl goes over and hugs Steve.

"How are you Elizabeth."

"I'm ok. Just missing her."

Steve's face flashes with pain for a moment before he hugs her again. He whispers something in her ear. They stop hugging. The girl called Elizabeth studies the three men with her grandpa. Her face flashes with recognition when she sees sea green eyes.

Before she can comment her grandfather starts speaking. "How about our other recruit."

"He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but he should be good." He then proceeds to open the back door of the van.

A man stumbles out of the back of the van. "What time zone is this?"

"Mr. Lang"

"Captain America. It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand to long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America!"

He looks back at Wanda and Elizabeth. "I know you both too. You're both great."

Wanda sends him a part grimace part smile. Elizabeth does not even hear his comment. She is still staring at the sea green eyed man that ruined her life. Percy does not remember this and is just awkwardly shuffling back and forth.

Lang looks back at Steve and feels Steve's shoulders. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so thinks for thinking of me."

Lang then looks over Steve's shoulder and sees Sam. "Hey man"

"What's up, Tic Tac?"

"Uh. It's good to see you too. Look what happened last time when I..."

Same interrupts him. "It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again."

Steve joins back into the conversation. "Did they tell you what we're up against?"

"Something about some psycho assassins."

Percy leans over to Bucky. "Ouch that hurt my feelings." Bucky shoved him away.

"We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you are a wanted man."

"Yeah well what else is new?"

"He's cooler then I thought." Percy mumbles.

"We should get moving" Bucky says out loud, ignoring Percy.

"We have a chopper lined up."

Over the speakers around the airport a PA announcement goes off. "This is an emergency. All passengers must evacuate the airport immediately."

"They're evacuating the airport?" Bucky questions.

"Stark."

"Stark?"