Chapter 13

Confrontation

Tony Stark flys through the raging storm. A radio crackles to life.

"This is Raft Prison Control. You're clear for landing. Mr. Stark."

The sea rises and surges and a giant building rises from beneath the sea. The building is a huge, fortified, circular structure with small lights in the side. Two semicircular doors open up on the roof of the prison. The helicopter goes through these doors and the doors close. Tony sees Secretary Ross waiting for him when he gets out of the helicopter.

"So? You got the files? Let's reroute the satellites, start facial scanning for this Zemo guy."

Ross looks at Tony sternly. "You seriously think I'm gonna listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig. You're lucky you're not in one of these cells."

Ross turn around and walks through an thick steel security door. Tony looks at the surveillance and sees Wanda hunched up and bedraggled in her cramped cell. He sees a man whose name he recently learned. Percy Jackson is just sitting cross cross in the middle of his cell with multiple tubes conducted to his wrist and arms.

"What's wrong with him?"

"We don't know he's just been sitting like that." Ross tells him.

Tony turns around and walks up to another security door. It slides open. Tony looks around and hear clapping.

"The Futurist, gentleman! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not."

"Give me a break Barton. I had no idea they'd put you here. Come on."

Clint spits into the ground. "Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony."

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. You know this is a for maniacs. This is a place for..."

"Criminals." A voice says from the other side of the room. Tony turns to see a man with sea green eyes standing up and looking through the bars and glass of his cell. "Criminals. I think that's the word your looking for."

Clint starts talking. "That didn't use to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda, or Elizabeth. But here we are."

"Because you broke the law."

"Yeah"

"I didn't make you."

"La, la, la, la, la...."

"You read it, you broke it."

"La, la, la, la, la."

"Alright, you're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side."

Tony walks away.

"You gotta watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it."

Tony walks past Lang's cell.

"Hank Pym always said, you never can trust a Stark."

"Who are you."

Scott throws his hands up. "Come on man."

Tony walks in between Sam and Elizabeth cells, so he can talk to the both.

"How's Rhodes?" Sam asks.

"They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow. So.... fingers crossed."

Sam sighs. Tony looks over to Elizabeth.

"What do you need? They feed you yet?"

She raises her eyebrows. "You're the good cop now?

"I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went."

"Well you better go get a bad cop because you gonna have to be Mark Fuhrman to get information out of me."

Tony messes with his watch. "Oh, I just knocked the 'A' out of their 'AV'. We got thirty seconds before they realize it's it their equipment."

Tony leans in closer and shows them both a picture on his watch. "Just look. Because that's the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes and Jackson. Clearly I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong."

"That's a first." Elizabeth says.

Cap is definitely off the reservation but he gonna need all the help he can get. I don't know either of you very well. Y'all don't have to...."

"Hey it's alright."

Sam looks uneasily at Elizabeth who is watching Tony. Elizabeth notices Sam looking at her so she nods her head.

"Look, I'll tell you... but you have to go alone and as a friend."

"Easy."

~~~~~~

Tony is walking to his chopper when Ross appears next to him.

Stark? Did they give you anything on Rogers."

"Nope. Told me to go to ****. I'm going back to the compound instead, but you can call me anytime. I'll put you on hold, I like to watch the light blink."

The chopper rises and flies away. What no one sees is the iron man suit that is flying a different direction than the helicopter. 

Two more chapters!! What did you think of this one. It was mainly a filler, sorry about that.

Thoughts?

Questions?

Anything you want me to add?