Chapter 16

Incoming

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman! We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault – The engines are dead, life support failing! Requesting aid from any vessel within range...We are 22 jump points out of Asgard. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here! This is not a war craft, I repeat, this is not a war craft!"

Ebony Maw walks among the bodies of dead Asgardians. He steps over them as he speaks with no sympathy.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. No...It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile...For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos."

Loki stands with the Black Order and watches Thanos.

Thanos starts speaking while looking out a large window. "I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." He grabs Thor by the head. "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say...I AM."

He then holds up his hand to reveal the Infinity Gauntlet which already has the Power Stone.

Thor tells Thanos while spitting blood from his mouth "you talk too much".

Thanks looks at Loki "the Tesseract, or your brother's head. I assume you have a preference".

"Oh, I do. Kill away"!

Thanos does what Loki says and sets the gauntlet on Thor's temple. The power stone glows, and Thor screams in pain. Loki cringes and looks away from his brother's pain "ALRIGHT, STOP"!

"We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard". Thor tells Thanos tiredly.

Loki glances at Thor and lifts his right hand into the air and reveals the Tesseract.

"You really are the worst, brother".

Loki talks to Thor while holding the Tesseract out to Thanos  "I assure you, brother, the Sun will shine on us again".

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian".

"Well, for one thing: I'm not Asgardian. And for another... We have a Hulk".

Loki jumps out of the way as Hulk emerges and fights Thanos forcing him into the wall of the ship. Maw stops Black Dwarf from interfering with the fight.

"Let him have his fun".

Thanos all of a sudden stops the Hulk's punch and goes on offense hitting him over and over until Thanos dumps him on the ground. Thor tries to interfere by hitting Thanos with a metal pole but Ebony Maw binds him to the ground.

Heimdall looks at Thor for the last time "Allfathers... let the dark magic flow through me one last... time".

The bifrost comes through the ship and carries Hulk away.

"That was a mistake." Thanos tell Heimdall before stabbing him.

"NO!!! You're going to die for that!" Thor yells at Thanos.

Ebony Maw shuts Thor's mouths with some metal to stop him from talking.

"Shhhh."

Ebony Maw then proceeds to give the Tesseract to Thanos "My humble personage... bows before your grandeur. No other being has ever had the might, nay the nobility, to wield not one, but two Infinity Stones. The universe lies within your grasp".

Thanos then crushes the Tesseract, revealing the Space Stone which he places on the Guantlet.

"There are two more Stones on Earth. Find them, my children, and bring them to me on Titan".

"Father, we will not fail you".

Loki emerges from a separate section of the ship. "If I might, interject... If you're going to Earth, you might want a guide. I do have a bit of experience in that arena".

"If you consider failure experience..."

"I consider experience, experience. Almighty Thanos. I, Loki, Prince of Asgard... Odinson... The rightful King of Jotunheim, God of Mischief, do hereby pledge to you, my undying fidelity".

Loki then attempts to stab Thanos, but is stopped.

"Undying. You should choose your words more carefully".

Thanos picks up Loki by his neck.

Loki gives up on fighting Thanos. "You... will never be... a god". 

Thanos silences Loki.

"No resurrections this time".

Thanos teleports away with the Black Order.

"No... Loki..."

Thor escapes his binds. He crawls over to Loki's body and lays his head down on Loki's chest, shedding tears for Loki. The ship explodes as the Bifrost sends Hulk across space to Earth.

Percy wakes up in his bed sitting up quickly. He gets out of his bed and picks up his phone. 

"Hey Cap I need you to come get me"

....

"Because a war is coming".

I'm back.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. 

Anything you would like to see happen in this act or future acts?