Alex karev

Alex karevs life has never been easy with his fathers abuse,his mothers schizophrenia and him having to look after his siblings.He tried to never let himself have feelings for someone but that changed when he was in medical school and met a girl named Melissa Simpson.
She fell pregnant when they were 23 and she changed her personality very quickly. She started saying she wanted to abort the baby and that she didn't want a child with him.
He begged her to keep the baby and she told him that if she did she would not be involved in the child's life at all.
She gave birth 9 months later and almost immediately after was gone and gave up all contact with Alex.
Brooklyn Marie Karev was born 3rd august 2003 and was immediately the light of his life but the way his and Melissa's relationship ended stopped the young doctor from ever getting into serious relationships again.
The second he found out he got an internship at Seattle grace he packed up his entire life including Brooklyn and moved there immediately.
He knew he had to stop his playboy lifestyle bringing different women back every night as it was affecting his daughter but his past relationships scared him and he didn't think he could go through it again.

Alex found his fellow interns funny and they seemed like great friends to have but he didn't want anyone to know about his daughter or about his past like with his family. He did feel bad when he realised that he was sleeping with the girl George was interested in but what could he do he's slept with most women in the hospital it's not his fault O'Malley decided to fall for a nurse. He was however pissed off when he punched him in the face and he had to go back home to his daughter.
"What happened daddy?" The small girl asked while looking up to her dads face while he was buckling her into her seat.
"Oh it's nothing baby don't worry about it."
He didn't punch back cause he knew he had to be better then the person he used to be.

When he started getting to know Izzie it scared him a lot. He enjoyed all their flirting but when it got more serious he didn't know what to do. It got even worse when he failed his medical boards. It made him realise that this life he was living with his dream job and his daughter having a great life could be taken away from him very quickly and he started spending less time with Izzie and more time studying. He even spent less time with Brooklyn to study but he realised what he was doing when she had a tantrum about him ignoring her and he immediately started playing with her and talking with her more often. Izzie still scared him though with their relationship getting more and more serious he started comparing every detail of their relationship to his and Melissa's and they were scarily similar hence why he couldn't get it up and subsequently slept with Olivia instead.He knew he shouldn't of done it as he saw how much it hurt her and it surprised him about how much it hurt him aswell.

Alex lay awake for another restless night when he heard screaming coming from the room next door. He jumped up immediately and ran to his daughters room. When he got there she was sat up in her bed with tears streaming down her face and had sweat all over her body. He quickly picked her up and took her into his room and onto his bed.
"Sssshhhhhh ssshhhh everything is okay princess." He whispered to the small girl in hopes to try and calm her down.
He stayed with her for the next hour till she finally fell asleep.
While she was sleeping he changed her out off her soaked clothes and into an old baseball shirt he had lying on the floor from the unpacking he started a couple days prior.
They had only just bought a house and had been staying in a hotel prior to it.
After he changed her he looked at the clock  and realised he was already 30 mins late to work. He called the hospital to try and take a sick day but they got bailey on the phone who very quickly realised he wasn't sick and guilt tripped into coming in. He reluctantly but very quickly took his daughter to her daycare and made his way to the hospital.
He was asked multiple times where he was and why he was late but just said he overslept and dealt with the consequences.
He didn't know why he didn't just tell them about his daughter. They weren't gonna have negative reactions but he still refused to tell them.

Whenever he saw Izzie he felt guilty but he didn't know what else he could do. Everyone was ignoring him and he knew they were all saying what a terrible person he was but he stopped caring along time ago and what strangers thought about him. The only person who was talking to him was Meredith Grey after they spent some time talking on thanksgiving which he ended up spending at home with his daughter they became sort of friends. When meredith made the assumptions about him it did hurt him as he knew he was always there for his daughter no matter what and the fact he was the only sane person in his family left meant very little contact with the rest of them. He thought he was gonna have someone on his side till Izzie walked by and she left. He was left to feel sorry for himself yet again. He also knew he messed up with Mr Martin and was looking for anything to help. Dr Shepard made him realise and he seemed to realise he hadn't been doing anything right easily. He knew he had make a change in his life which is what he realised while watching Mr Martin slowly die.