omg new chapter???

Soo....hey guys😭😭
i decided to finally try update this cause it has 17k views and the couple comments it has are very supportive sooo. I don't know if my writing has changed as i have gone from 13 to 16 but oh well. I feel like i abandoned this and when i randomly get reminders someone saved it i feel bad. Also on a greys slump so haven't been watching rn so details may not fully accurate. also season 16 will never happen!!!!! Also I don't even know what pov this is in. Also why do I say also so much. I promise there is a chapter now.

Alex gets hurt.

He didn't know what it was but that morning when he woke up, everything was off. Maybe it was the fact he could suddenly feel a cold breeze coming from the window which made the idea of leaving his bed seem simply impossible. Or maybe it was that it was one of the rare days he wasn't woken up by the sight of his daughter's precious smile. Either way he knew something was up.
"Superstitions are stupid" he thought as he started to get up while thinking about how his friend Meredith had told him that when she had a bad feeling it ended in a bomb inside a body that could've exploded the hospital. He made his way out of bed and into his daughter's room , his mind immediately relaxing upon the sight of his daughter peacefully sleeping.
"Wake up sweetheart, you've got to go to nursery today okay?" He gently asked.
She simply returned him with a tired grunt which was enough for Alex as he knew that was enough to ensure she would be getting up soon enough after she came around so he continued on his morning routine downstairs. He made his daughter's favourite breakfast , blueberry pancakes, and waited for her to get down and eat them. When she appeared at the bottom of the stairs to the sight of the pancakes she squealed and quickly ran to her chair to start eating mouthfuls of the delicious food, just for her to quickly spit it out claiming it tasting weird.
"Hm," Alex thought, "she usually likes those, must just be another part of this weird morning."
He quickly brushed it off though and prepared a bowl of cereal for her while finishing the bagel he was eating.

Fast forward

Alex finished pulling up in his car to the Brooklyns nursery and quickly got her unbuckled and sent her off for the day with her teachers. What used to be a long and emotional goodbye had quickly turned very fast and brief when Brooklyn learnt that a day at nursery meant a day with friends.
(authors note- i think I may have said before that she goes to the hospital nursery and that would probably make the most sense but not for this story okay🫠🫠🫠)
So once she was situated he made his was back to the car and quickly descended on his journey to the hospital, realising he had somehow been 10 minutes later then usual so would need to hurry.
"Wow I don't remember setting off any later today, todays already off to weird start" was the last thought Alex had before he pulled out on to the road and saw a brief flash of red pick up truck before all he saw was black and heard the sounds of metal and possibly bones crushing.

He didn't gain any consciousness until he finally started opening his eyes on what he would later find out was him laying on a back board in a middle of the road at a paramedic who seemed vaguely familiar. All he could hear was ringing and a very distant sound that seemed to be saying his name.
He then tried to respond, he had soon realised that the familiar face was the ex boyfriend of his colleague April, Max? Matthew maybe?
But when he tried to speak his mouth didn't seem able to form any words and nothing would come out. He watched Matthew ( he was sure of it now) quickly yell something to who he would assume was another paramedic before eveuthing quickly went dark again, only hearing the sound of his voice get smaller and smaller.

Authors note- So I think time wise I'm gonna say Jackson and the MAJAC (I feel liek that's what that group was called idk tbh) are all attendings but there may be some characters who wouldn't usually be there but also Owen hunt ( I am a hunt stan) is head of trauma.

Jackson Avery POV:
"We've got a trauma incoming, head on collision, one minor injuries and one male unconscious at the scene" Hunt announced while rushing towards the ambulance bay.
Meredith and I both rush forwards after him, excited to have a case after waiting around all morning.
"Have you seen Alex? He was meant to be here over 10 minutes ago" Meredith asked us while struggling to put on the gloves.
Me and hunt glanced at eachother before both shaking our heads and turning our attention towards the two incoming ambulances. The first one opens and a paramedic comes out rolling out a man who seemed relatively okay other then a few large cuts and a possible broken arm.
"Meredith. You get him" Hunt ordered as Meredith quickly starts looking over him while directing him towards the ER.
The second ambulance opens and the first thing he sees is Matthew and he instantly feels awkward and is about to volunteer to swap with Meredith when his eyes meets Matthew's panicked face.
"Hes one of yours," Matthew said, expanding the worried expression, "it's Karev." He added after.
Jackson looked at Owen panicked while Owen stayed professional and instantly started wheeling him into the ER.
"Page Bailey and Shepard." He barked an order at one of the nearby interns who looked panic at the sight of a familiar attending in such an injured position.

Flash forward to him being checked and all the technical Jargon.

Third person POV:

It was determined Alex would need surgery due to having free flowing blood in his abdomen (hope that makes sense but probably not) so he had been quickly taken up by Owen and Derek as they knew they were less close to him then the others so would be better suited.
While the surgery continued, many of the doctors gathered around waiting for any update when Meredith approached the group after working on the other person of the crash.
"The guy I treated ended up being drunk and was the entire cause for the crash yet somehow only got a broken arm," Meredith said exasperated while sitting down on a chair and sighing,  "what about you guy?" She directed at Jackson, seemingly unaware for the reason they were all a gathered round.
The rest of the group glanced around at eachother trying to silently decide who should break the news to Meredith that one of her closest friends, who was becoming like a brother to her, was gravely injured.
"It's Alex," Bailey said finally breaking the silence, "Alex was in the crash and is in surgery now with Hunt and Shepard." She finished.
"Oh my god..." Meredith said before trailing off.
They continued to sit around waiting for news and whispering between eachother about how shocking this all was until April suddenly jumped up, shocking the whole group.
"Oh my god someone has to go get Brooklyn." She said reminding the group about the precious girl whose dad was currently on a surgical operating table.
All of them immediately started offering to go get her, desperate for any way to try help Karev but also distract themselves from the waiting game for any possible news. It was soon decided that Bailey would go get her as she spent the most time around children and had grown quite close to her former interns daughter.

Flash forward

Another couple hours pass before Shepard and Hunt appears form the OR with the news that Alex is mainly okay apart from a leg fracture that Ortho had treated and a concussion and that he was starting to wake up. They all quickly spoke up about wanting to see him when Bailey came around the corner holding a apprehensive looking Brooklyn who had previously been playing with Tuck in the hospital nursery as Bailey's method to try and distract her.
" I think someone needs to see him first." Bailey stated while pointing towards the girl in her arms who seemed to have a very tight grip on her, looking scared despite being around all the people she close to.
The rest of the group unanimously agreed and ushered her towards the two doctors in their hospital scrubs. They made their way down the hall and the second the door was open all of them could see a very pale and groggy Alex sitting in his hospital bed whose face immediately lit up when he saw his daughter. Brooklyn immediately motioned to be put down and ran towards her father who she then threw himself on and despite grimacing at the pain he quickly picked her up and brought her close.
"I'm okay don't worry Sweetheart." He assured his daughter who had started to softly cry.
"But you got hurt daddy." She muttered so quietly that the other doctors in the room almost had to strain to hear.
"It's okay because you didn't get hurt and that's all I need to make sure I'm okay." He promised the small girl.
She simply nodded her head and snuggled closer to her father while Bailey motioned for the other doctors to give them some space, smiling softly at the sight of the once cold hearted intern being so openly kind and loving.

Authors note- omg we got there eventually. i wrote this all in one sitting and am too tired to read through it right now but i hope you enjoy none the less and please feel free to comment any opinions, ideas or thoughts as it's much appreciated. who knows if i will now consistently update as i do have school 5 days a week and work all weekend but we will see🫠🫠 also i have a draft of a part 2 from a previous chapter so lmk if i should finish it