Sleep Deprived

Nope. Not a dream. As I stand here at the front door while everyone else piles in the house from being outside this entire time, I'm preoccupied by thoughts of the past events.

Me and Jonah haven't even slept yet and school has already started. Most of us probably wont even go today. So much for Jake getting his diploma or any of us passing high school.

I know dad graduated High school cause he went into the Army but I don't know much about mom. Yeah she was my mom but she wasn't the type to stick around and be a mom. She usually just came around when she wanted to wiggle her way back in to our family and of course she always got her way with dad. But it wasn't so bad when mom was here. Dad was distracted but at least me and mom didn't get hurt as much. But when I was away at school and mom and dad were alone, they would start fighting and we all know how that ends but when me and dad were the only ones here, he just used me as his personal punching bag and it got worse when I met Oliver.

It might be different with Jonah though. Wait. What am I even talking about!? Its not like we are together. I shouldn't be thinking about him like that. We don't even really know each other that well except for our pasts and he doesn't even know about Oliver. I mean Jonah knows about him but he doesn't know that he teamed up with my dad and almost killed me. Even I didn't mention that part to myself. I can't relive that traumatizing memory. Everything else is tolerable but that, I can never relive that horrible night.

I get pulled out of my thoughts when Jake speaks, "Well, I can't miss anymore school so uh whoever wants to come with me, can. Who ever didn't get enough sleep, stay here." He looks at me and Jonah, who in fact, look half dead. Well I look half dead, Jonah is half dead.

Everyone started getting ready all except me and Jonah. I guess they got enough sleep. Everything was kinda blurry when everyone was getting ready. I barley even noticed them going out the door.

Jake had made us food for when we wake up but I don't think I'll be hungry anytime soon. I'm tired but I'm too tired to fall asleep. That's when I sigh and sit on the couch next to Jonah.

"You tired yet, Mary?" I nod at his question but I don't really feel like I'm there. I try to answer but I think it just came out as gibberish to him. "Yeah, um I'm too tired to fall asleep."

He gives me a side look while his head is leaned against the back of the couch. I can tell he's smirking. "Well that's no good. In all seriousness though, I feel the same. I might as well make some freaking coffee cause I don't think I'm falling asleep anytime soon." I totally agree with him. "Coffee sounds really good right now." I say, mumbling my ass off. "Does it?" He asks as I nod my head in agreement. He gets up to make the coffee.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

As I walk down the hallway, I noticed I haven't talked or really noticed Andi all day. I wonder if she is okay? I've been a real asshole to her over the past couple of days, even before the grief started.

Maybe I should look for her. She doesn't have many classes with Amber so maybe she will want some company...I just hope she will want mine.

When I spot her near her locker, looking lonely and uncomfortable, I make my move to talk to her.

"Hey, Andi." I say it more quiet than I wanted but I don't want to startle her so...When she saw me, I could tell in her eyes she was somewhere else. Her eyes were glossy and she looked like she was fixing to cry. She hasn't spoken yet. Maybe I can get her talking so she can get her mind off whatever she's fighting.

"Andi? You okay?" Suddenly she turns towards me, clearly annoyed. "Do I look okay to you, Luke? Do I look like I want to talk to you when you've been acting like a complete ass to me for the last 5 days!? Just please get your own shit together before you go trying to make me feel bad about mine." She slammed her locker and didn't look at me, In fact her head was tilted down so her hair blocked her view of everything except the floor.