Jealousy

Recap: I was about to speak and stop her but Uther walked into the room and spoke.

"Lisandor will stay in the castle." There was cheering from her since she got what she wanted. "But..." Uther continued, "she will be castrated after the baby is born."

My jaw dropped, such a cruel thing to do to a woman. Lisandor was weeping now, crying about how she didn't want to get castrated.

"There is a way out of getting castrated." Arthur added making Lisandor look at him with hope in her eyes as she craved for an answer and loving that it came from Arthur, I guess she thought that Arthur was trying to save her, I didn't think she was right in her logic but I held my tongue and waited for Arthur to continue.

"You can give up the lie that this child is mine and go find his real father and live a happy healthy life bearing more of his children." Arthur said this solemnly, gravely, his whole demeanor was dark and over bearing. This was the look of a king who would not bow to anyone, who would not fall to any opponent, this was the face of a great king wether he would be a good king or a bad one I couldn't tell but I knew he would be powerful either way the domino fell.

Lisandor was stunned. Her face read the complete shock that transformed into distain for everything that had to do with Arthur.

Tears rolled down her face as she tell, "TO HELL WITH YOU. I WILL KEEP THE CHILD BUT YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN AND ILL KEEP THE CHILD FROM YOU AT ALL COST." With that she tried to leave the hall but was stopped by Arthur who had jumped up and put his arms around her waist.

"No. You will not leave until I see the child. If the child has no resemblance to me then fine you may take it and go but if it favors me, even a little bit, then the child will stay here and you can decided wether or not you stay or leave." Arthur's eyes were dark as he spoke, Lisandor couldn't go against the future king and knew that if she opposed him then she would be thrown in jail.

With that the problem was dealt with, but it created many others. Not that I was aware of that at the moment, I was far to busy helping Lisandor find the room she would be using. The room was down the hall from Arthur and Guinevere, this seemed like a bad idea to me but since it wasn't my decision to make I said nothing on the matter.

Guinevere noticed everything, not a single thing in the castle went unnoticed by her two eyes. The hell that was raised in the following weeks was broth upon entirely by Guinevere. I'm not sure if it was jealousy or regular distain for Arthur and his wild ways, but Guinevere was clearly pushed into a corner and felt a need to lash out. It started with small acts. Like breaking and destroying furniture, window treatments, and clothes. But when that didn't get Arthurs attention because of the maids and staff covering and fixing all of Guinevere's stunts before Arthur found out.

Then the lashing it turned to more dangerous acts against Lisandor. Lisandor fell a couple of times down the stairs and while I bandaged her up, I heard stories of Lisandor thinking that hands pushed her and that she didn't remember feeling like she was going to fall until the feeling of hands were felt on her back. She also told me a story about something falling from a window and landing near her, and a chilling tale about a knife landing beside her head into the wall. The one common factor in all of these stories was that she never saw anything or anyone but she had a feeling before the incidences that she was being watched.

After hearing this I decide to slip outside and talk to Arthur who was in the secret garden playing with Mordred. I walked up slowly watching the scene of father and son playing together. It saddened me to think that Lisandor's son was being targeted by Guinevere, I wondered what she would do if she ever learned who Mordred's father was.

My life can never be normal. I guess that being normal was thrown out the window when I slipped in to the fifteenth century.

"Hey." I called to Arthur.

"Hey there, Mordred is getting bigger isn't he." Arthur asks of me.

"Yeah he is. Arthur I need to talk to you it's important." I say sitting down next to him.

"Ok." He said giving me his full attention after seeing that Mordred could play without hurting himself a little ways off from us.

"Guinevere is the one hurting Lisandor. She doesn't want you to have an heir or she is jealous, I'm not sure which but we need to keep a close eye on her one way or the other." I say not sure how he would take it.

"Why would she do that?" Arthur asks accusatory with a level of distain in his voice.

"I just said why. I don't think she is jealous, I think she doesn't want you to have an heir as punishment for you marring her and bringing her to Camelot."

"Do you have proof?" Arthur asks clearly angry with my accusation.

"No I don't but it doesn't change the fact that I think the attacks on Lisandor will stop if you give Guinevere all of you attention again." I say.

Arthur gets lost in thought for a moment. "I see."

"So are you going to do that? Give Guinevere more attention?" I ask.

"I will decide what I do." Arthur says sternly will an attitude that I didn't appreciate hearing.

I snapped, "I don't care if your the king of the planet don't give people who are trying to help you attitude. When Guinevere ends up killing your child inside of Lisandor don't come crying to me because I have already warned you. But I guess those who can't take advice and think they know everything will make a great king. This country is going to fall if you keep acting like that." I say calmly before getting up and grabbing Mordred and going back inside to Alden.

This day has been long and I'm getting sick of being in front of people. I slink back into the deep parts of the castle in a detour to going back to my room, I just wanted to walk around alone for a minute. Mordred was being quite as we walked, this child must know that I am upset because it doesn't make a sound while he leans his head onto my shoulder eyes open as I walked.

When we get back to Alden and the small corner of the castle that we all call home I was elated to see Merlin was there. the look on his face read trouble though.

"What's the matter?" I ask confused.

"Arthur has found that Lancelot and Guinevere have been getting close to each other." Merlin says.