Vikings

Recap: After 30 minutes I was dragged into my room by rough hands, thrown into water, scrubbed down and dressed by a woman who looked more like a man than anyone I had ever come across. The dress was blood red and extravagant, I admired it as the woman pulled my hair into an awe inspired victorian style hair style. With small curls curling into my face and no make up the woman deemed me ready to see the Prince, I was told to wait since I was going to be a surprise and that I wasn't to leave the room.

Of course I obliged, feeling my nerves set in. Scared of what was coming next. This time my mind wondered to Merlin, and I laughed at how the last time I was in a situation that scared me I though of home in the 21st century, but now I was thinking of the one person I wanted to see above all else, and every n though we are in the same time, the one person I probably will never see again.

A man came in, big and burly with a black scarf looking this in his hands. He walked up to me and I didn't resist as he grabbed my wrists and bound them. I dismally thought that maybe Vikings thought I was going to run away.the thought sent an ironic smile to my lips, runaway I thought. In this weird country, in this weird time. I wouldn't make it far on my own, not to mention women were considered property by most men whose only worth were satisfying men in the bed room and cooking food.

I wondered were we had landed as I was lead out of the room, the learning looks let me know what use the Prince Viking had in store for me. I was brought off of the boat and followed the burly man up a winding path into the highland lands that looked like old pictures of Ireland. The boulder filled grass and the slopes make it seem etherial while the small rock and mushroom circles gave the land a magical feel like a fairy was going to appear at any moment. I turned back and saw the massive ship for the first time at a view from a far and wondered what would happen to the other captives that were being brought up the hill behind me. I marveled at how many survived, I didn't think they had taken this many captives but there was more than half of the crew from the first ship tied up and being lead by warriors up the path behind me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the burly man, clearly I had slowed my pace and since that wasn't allowed I was forcefully being pulled along, I quickened my pace so I wouldn't fall from the pulling of the burly Viking.

The walk was long and arduous, when I was finally able to see more Vikings ahead of us in a camp of some sort I was tired and sweating,the dress had slipped out of place and I was so exhausted that I felt like I was going to fall over at any point. The Vikings of the camp looked at me with dull interest like that had seen prettier, or maybe some good like this happens with such frequency that the act I'm preforming is dull to the warriors who looked like they would rather be chopping down limbs then waiting for me and the other captives to pass. Our fate meant nothing to these men.

We were lead to a circle of chairs that were unoccupied and we were lined up with me in front, Lancelot and the Captain behind me and the rest of the men behind them. We stood their in wait for a long time, I would be specific but I was to tired to concentrate on the time, I was having a hard enough time standing up right and I was positive that at any moment my dress was going to slip off of my shoulders since the sweat and exertion of the climb had loosened the outfit.

A man in firs with armor underneath came out of a tent behind the chairs followed by three men that had the same features and look as his and one smaller kid that looked about my age that favored the other four but had blonde hair instead of brownish red hair, it was clear that this child was a bastard child with either a different mother or different father. The five of them sat down with one in firs sitting in the center. The scrutinized all of us, I don't know who they all looked at since I decided it would be best to pick a stop on the ground and find it very interesting, so my gaze was unmoving off of a spot just behind the men so my gaze wasn't down on the ground yet at the same time wasn't looking at them in a dominate like manor either.

The man in the middle finally spoke, "you all shall be put to good use." He said the words calmly and without any emotion, I figured he'd leer at us or make taunts but clearly this was something that didn't give this Viking pleasure, he mor than likely just consider this all business as usual. With small sentence the Vikings got the men behind us and left, I wasn't sure where they were going to be taken but I didn't have the time to consider their fate when I was worried about was what was coming next.

"I want to inspect these." The Viking in firm voice said and I noticed the slight nod that he now gave the Viking next to me gave as he stepped aside so the Viking Princes could get a better look at me.

The five Vikings got up and headed toward us. I was uneasy and felt like cattle once again and wasn't sure what was going to happen, I couldn't even read their faces. So I had no clue as to what would happen.

They all went past me as if I wasn't here. They looked at Lancelot and the Captain, circling them and whispering among themselves in a language I didn't recognize, not that it surprised me that they had their own language since all of the Irish clans had their own language and I knew that the Viking had their own dialect that they used especially in battle so their opponent won't know the plan of their attack.

All I knew is that something was about to be decided about all of us and doubted that we would be thralls like the rest of the crew.