1

"Good afternoon, citizen's of Miyor County, There has been another villain attack leading to several children being held hostage by the Mad Men, Our hero, Mephisto, is on site and ready to save the day yet again" the news played in the background as I ate dinner. I was reading books on ethics for my english class.

Tomorrow morning, I must come up with an ethical question. Which is hard because anything can be ethical. Like a mother finding out her daughters boyfriend is cheating on her. Will she A tell her and watch as her heart break in front of her or B let her find out on her own which allows her to experience her heartbreak alone.

I'd tell her, no daughter of mine would be caught up like that. No ma'am. I would be a good parent even though I would be an overbearing one. I'd still be a good one obviously. While in thought I heard an explosion and looked towards the tv.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the hostages have been killed" my heart sunk. Villains are getting to reckless and dangerous. They will kill kids if they need too for what. A pair of diamonds, gold, fucking money.

I soon heard a knock on my door. I got up and turned off the tv. I headed to the door as they knocked again and I opened it. There stood my niece with an officer.

"Hello, are you Kai Parker," he asked.

"Yes, why do you have my niece" I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me. Even with villains, the police still target my community as if there aren't enough murders in the world. He handed me a bag with all my sisters stuff and when I saw the blood I pulled my niece behind me.

"I'm sorry for your loss" the cop walks away and I back up and close the door. Tears were now rolling down my face and I had to wipe them off quickly. I turned around and got to my nieces level.

"The bad men took my mom instead of I me" my niece said and I hugged her. I sat on the floor and held her as she cried. Well we both cried together in the loss of my sister and her mother. Natalie fell asleep in my arms after crying for a while.

I took her up to my guest room, laid her down and tucked her in. I needed to go get her clothes so I grabbed my keys and headed out but not without locking everything. My sister house wasn't far so I walked to get som air.

I got to her house safely, I went inside grabbing all Natalie's belongings and even a few pictures of them together. I couldn't stop myself from crying while being in her home. I went to her basement to grab all the spell books she had for Natalie when she is old enough. I have already learned all I could before I decided to just live a normal life.

I know my sister tried her best to fight as many of those motherfuckers as she could. I had everything I needed and I left back out locking the door behind me. I said my goodbyes and started to walk back.

As I was walking back I saw someone just laying on the ground and I questioned if I should mind my business or help them out. As I got closer I saw it was none other than Mephisto.

"Ummmm are you okay" I asked. He started to sit up and look towards me.

"Nope, i am the great Mephisto I can do anything" he answered in a sad and drunken tone. Right now I was fighting myself on just taking him home to sober up because right now today has been a hard day. I mean I'm a good person and fuck.

"Get up, you're coming home with me" I said helping him up. He was very heavy. He leaned on my shoulder and I barely could take his weight. He was also taller than me which didn't help.

We got to my house. I sat him in the living room and went to go check on my niece. She was still sound asleep. Now, I have to go help a superhero sober up. As I went back downstairs to go check on Mephisto he had his mask off and I stopped dead in my tracks.

He is hot.

I snapped myself out of my trance and walked into the kitchen to grab my detox drink. It's basically a potion mixed with apple juice to hide the flavor. I poured some in a glass and gave it to Mephisto.

"Aren't you afraid of me knowing your identity" I asked and he looked down at his mask and sighed.

"I don't think I can do this anymore," he stated. "Those kids died because I couldn't save them" he said. I did not expect that response.

"Okay then don't, there are other hero and there will always be, yeah maybe people will miss you, but the you that sitting here in my living room needs a break" I said and he looked up at me as if I was his hero. I went and sat beside him and grabbed his hand.

I whispered a little spell to dampen his powers for just a few days.

"What did you do" he asked.

"I come from a family of witches, witches created the spell to create superhero's, so I tweaked it a little bit and dampen your powers for a few days so you won't be obligated to go out there and ruin your mentality even more" I said as I got up. He grabbed my hand softly. I turned around and he pulled me in for a hug. He hugged me tightly.I could feel his warmth. My body softened to his touch.I pulled away. "You're welcome"

He finally sobered up fully and went on his merry way. He still had his power to fly which would be the only power to still work fully.

Today was a whirlwind and then there's tomorrow to deal with. Tomorrow... tomorrow.. Fuck my ethics question.