8

"Mr. Dwanye, are you alright," My boss asked. My brain felt like it was on fire. She grabbed her phone and called for an ambulance. Voices filled my head. They all played at the same time. I'm sorry. The voices stopped, and i found myself on the ground. I stood up slowly while my boss helped me. I went to grab the railing, and it broke. It didn't even take any effort. i let it go and looked over to m boss, who also looked confused. 

We walked down the steps to get my seat on the first step, but when i took my first step, i saw how much space was between me and the ground. I tried grasping the railing, but it only broke off. I began to float into the sky as if gravity didn't apply to me anymore. I got closer and closer to the sky. I looked around, and flashes of images of me flying and fighting others filled my mind.

Frustration and confusion filled my body. Get up; you're coming home with me. Who does this voice belong to? A plane flew past me out of nowhere, freighting me, causing me to spiral down to the ground. Mephisto. I started to remember. I am Mephisto. I am a hero. I took control of my powers and glided down to the ground. How did i lose this part of me? Why am i a teacher in Jacksonville, Flordia? 

I looked over to my boss, and she stood there shocked. I grabbed my idea and ran up to her,

"I know this is very unprofessional,l, but i quit" I gave her my id badge and shot up into the sky. I headed towards Miyor County. Someone from the Modaks group probably did this to me to take over the city. I hope the city is still in tack. When i got there, it was altogether well; it was looking better than i expected. 

I flew to my sister's home and found her watering her flowers. I flew down to her, and as soon as she saw me, she hit me with an energy blast. I flew into someone's car feeling a lot of pain in my back.

"Hey, sis," I greeted.

"Hey sis, where were you? You were not the only one hurting when they came looking for you. Did you think running away from this was easier for everyone," She yelled, and then i remember her calling me that night, but who was i with when i got that call.

"i didn't run away; someone took my memories and my powers and made me a teacher in Florida," I said, and she stopped for a bit. She took a deep breath in and helped me up. " Do you know who did this?" I asked, and she stayed quiet while we walked into her house. Some of my stuff was hung up on the walls and was set out as decoration.

"I thought you died, but i guess he was trying to do what was best for you after what happened," She said. I'm sorry

"Who," i asked, and she looked shocked. 

"No one," she answered. She gave me a box with all of my clothes. "Get out of those clothes; you look like a history teacher."

"Actually," i started to say, and she began to laugh. I was a good history teacher. "What happened to me?" i asked.

"I don't honestly know, but it helped when you left; a hero named Hunter took over, and he and his wolf stopped the villains with the help of a hero group he created," she answered. I was shocked that another hero came in. "Witches started to take over the city and made it better; the climate crisis is barely a thing now because of them," Jaz continued, and she was right me leaving helped this city. I sat down on her couch and sighed. Was i even at being a superhero? Maybe that's why someone took my power. This is not going to be a thing where I will continuously take and give you your powers, either have them or don't. I shot up from the couch, and Jaz looked at me with a concerned look.

"I had my powers taken away before, but by who," I asked aloud, talking to myself. Think Floyd; there was someone with me the night i got the call from Jazz; There was someone who took my powers; there is still someone missing from my memories. "Who was with me that night i disappeared," I asked. Jazz hesitated. She knew, but she didn't want to tell me. "Tell Me" i yelled.

"It was Kai, Your boyfriend" after she answered, more memories played in my head. His smile, His laugh, and his tears. I remember everything. I sat back down and held my head in my hands. He wanted to protect me. That's why he did this even though i got his niece killed. Guilt filled my heart, and i cried. My sister came over to me and held me. I then remembered what happened before i got my memories back; he was there.

"I need to find him," i said aloud.

"Wait, let's give it some time before you go looking for him," My sister said, but before she could finish speaking, i was already out the door heading towards his home. When i got there, i felt anxious. I didn't know how to approach him. Would he even want me back after everything that happened?

I flew down to his front door and knocked on it. I took a deep breath in and heard the door open. There he stood. He was hotter now. I grabbed his shirt pulled him into a kiss.  It felt magical. Kai leaned closer to me, kissing me back passionately. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer. 

We then heard someone clear their throat, and we pulled away. I looked past kai and saw nine people looking towards us.

"Oops," I said. Kai chuckled and turned around.

"This is Floyd,"

"This is the superhero boyfriend you've been talking about," One said, and i felt happy that he still talked about me. Kai threw the nearest object at the female, and they laughed. He turned around and smiled.

"Come in"