5

I was outside their hideout. I walked up to the door. I kicked open the door, and all guns were on me. They all shot at me, but I stopped all the bullets. I dropped them and
picked up everyone by their throats. They all were choking, gasping for air.

"Kai, stop, this isn't who you are" I turned around and saw Floyd in his suit. That suit has always been ugly to me.

"I hate that suit," I stated and snapped all their necks. I was leaving the sound of their lifeless bodies dropping behind me as I walked past Floyd, who looked shocked.

I spelled my way to the hospital to Natalie's room, and they had a sheet over her body. I walked closer to her. I took the sheet off of her saw her lifeless body. My heart sunk. I fell to the ground crying uncontrollably.

I can not be the last of my line. I can't. Bright blue lights filled the room. Ancestors and close family started to appear. I saw my sister's spirit. She walked over to me. She helped me up from the floor. Natalie's spirit came out of her body to join the rest of my family. Natalie hugged her mother and then came to embrace me one last time. I didn't want to let go. I wanted everyone to stay. Unfortunately, they slowly started to fade away back to the ancestral realm.

I was alone.

I stood alone for a few minutes and decided to go home. I arrived home to see Floyd on the porch waiting for me. I walked right past him, and he followed me. I turned around with the door opened. Floyd stopped at the doorway.

"Are you coming in or not?" I asked, and he walked in. I stripped all my clothes off, walking upstairs to my bathroom. I turned on the shower waiting for it to get hot.

I've stayed quiet the whole time. Floyd probably thinks I'm going to murder him, but it isn't his fault. It's mine for not trusting my power. I stepped into the shower letting the hot water hit my skin. Floyd joined me in the shower and hugged me from behind.

Burden. I could feel his emotions. He was beating himself up for something none of us could control. I was not too fond of this feeling. I turned around and kissed him.

"It's not your fault or mine even though I do feel a little responsible for not trusting my power earlier, you're in my life now, and you're not going anywhere," I said. He started to feel better. My hands slid down his chest."Let me take your powers."

Floyd's face changed from soft to confused. He grabbed my hands and held them up.

"How would i protect you," He asked. I pulled my hands away from his and stepped out of the shower. He proceeded to follow me out.

"I can protect myself," I argued. I lifted a towel towards me, wrapping myself in it. I headed to my bedroom, and Floyd tried to explain that i just got my magic and was too reckless with it. "Whoever is looking for you nearly killed your sister and killed my niece," I shouted, and the drawers and windows flew open.

"This is what I'm talking about; your magic is tied to your emotion. What if they get to me? Who will be there to stop from going on another killing spree." Floyd yelled.

"That's why i want to take your powers, so there's no reason for them to look for you anymore, "I shouted back at him. Tears fell from my eyes as we argued. The fear of losing him overwhelmed me. "You were practically begging me to take them away again a few days ago."

"Yeah, that was before i got your niece killed" The room fell silent. The tension grew between us that a knife could cut it. "I need my powers, Kai."

That's when everything started to make sense-the vision.

"I'm sorry, but i can't allow them to find you," I spoke. Before Floyd could say anything, i snapped my fingers, and he was gone. I began to cry, slowly making my way to the floor. I held my knees close to me as I cried. I sat there still in a towel, feeling nothing but heartbreak, guilt, and loss.

I was in that spot for about an hour before i got up and got dressed. I finally climbed into bed feeling numb. I didn't sleep. I stared at the walls until the sun came up and went back down. I was in bed for days.

Weeks passed, and i still hadn't left my bed. The food in the fridge began to spoil, creating a rotten smell in the house. Plants and vines began to find their way inside through the opened windows. I was practically comatose.

"Hello," I heard someone say. It came from downstairs. I listened as the footsteps got closer and closer. Someone now stood in my bedroom door frame. "Are you Kai Parker?" they asked; with what energy i had left, i looked over and saw a short tan-skinned male stand there. He wore a green shirt with a red collar and light-blue jeans.

"Who might you be," I asked a hoarse voice. The male walked over to me and sat beside me.

"We heard you scream." He answered.

"Who's we" He looked over at the door, and there stood people of different ethnicities and genders