11 - Old Wrinkly Ketamine Addict

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Did I want this? No. But did I have to do this? Yes.

I was going to the Council and requesting to be assigned as a partner to Anakin Skywalker for the foreseeable future.

Why?

Because I didn't want any other little accidents like this.

Let's face it, I'm childish and my pride means far too much to me. I admit it.

But still, it could be useful - being close to Anakin would never be a problem. I could find anything.

Anything! Wasn't that so nice to think of?

The thought made me feel delirious; it felt surreal.
Empowered, I strutted through the hallway, with a pep in my step. I'd already requested an audience with them, so I didn't have to worry about intruding or anything.

Could life get any better? I think not.

*

"Good afternoon, Masters."

"(Y/l/n). Why have you requested an audience with us?" As always, Mace Windu was the first to talk and the first to criticise.

This guy was a pain in the ass, even over hologram.

"More understanding and patient, you must be, Master Windu. Tell us, please, (y/n)." Master Yoda said, coming to my rescue. I smiled at him and replied,

"I, um, have realised that it may be better and easier for me if I was partnered with Anakin Skywalker on mission for a bit." I said quietly, still a bit afraid to ask.

"WHAT?!" Master Kcaj exploded.

"That is a terrible idea. (Y/n), are you trying to get yourself caught?" Master Windu taunted, raising an eyebrow.

"I actually think that that is an excellent idea." Master Plo Koon said, coming to my rescue. "We partner Jedi all the time for an enhanced skill set in a pair of capable Jedi Knights.

She and Anakin would be a great match. I have complete faith in (y/n)'s ability to not spill the beans, and hence, an completely in favour of moving for this proposition."

"I believe that this may be beneficial, too." Master Ti added.
"To me, this seems like a wonderful opportunity. I very much support this proposition."

"Whether she has the ability to keep a secret is irrelevant," Master Windu argued. "Having them work closely together for prolonged periods of time will tip him off. The only thing that can come of this is a Separatist victory."

"Tip him off, do you hear yourself Mace?!" Master Ki-Adi said, squinting his eyes. "Anakin Skywalker is the Chosen One, for the Force's sake, not a Separatist Spy!"

"There is no need for you to raise your voice, Master Mundi. However he is correct, Master Windu, he's supposed to destroy the Sith, not be a Separatist." Master Allie countered.

"You don't know that." Master Windu replied in a threateningly low voice.

I found it amusing; I'd expected there would be more questions for me, but rather, the Council was arguing it our.

To be precise, Mace Windu was being an asshole and the whole Council was coming to my support. It was priceless, it's these kind of things that make being a Jedi worthwhile.

Seriously, I feel bad for non-Jedi right now, because this is just so dope, and there's no way this hasn't happened to everyone at least once.

And here I was literally sipping on my imaginary martini here.

Well, it's always a good show to watch the Council dogfights.

"Of this, there has been enough. Regarding this matter, come to a decision, the Council cannot.

As Grandmaster and Master of the Order, my opinion, you will hear, and my opinion, you will obey for once.

This time, decide, the Council will not. Know both Skywalker and (y/l/n), one person does - Master Kenobi.

Make the decision, he will." Master Yoda finalised.

There was pin-drop silence for a good ten seconds. Crickets in the background. Tumbleweeds rolling behind us.

Master Obi Wan hesitantly cleared his throat, sat up straight, and said,
"Err, thank you, Master Yoda. Knowing both Anakin and (y/n) and taking into account their personalities, I believe that..."

"Continue, you may. Oppose you, no one will."

"I believe that this is a good decision, if both of them are provided with some guidance."

Hang on, what?!

"Please continue, Master Kenobi." Master Plo urged. Everyone had gotten over the fact that they wouldn't get a say in this (except Windu, the man was positively red with rage and quivering in anger.

If looks could kill, the poor green goblin would have been a corpse on the floor.) and was now listening attentively, curious to hear what he had to say.

"I'm mentoring (y/n) on this assignment, and she'll hear me out, won't you, (y/n)?" He said.

I realised everyone was looking at me and nodded my head, completely confounded, but willing to play along.
"Anakin was my Padawan, and he still looks up to me for guidance. I'll put whatever it is that needs to be said in his head, pretending to advise him. He will listen to me, I know."

"Agree, I do. Offer guidance to young (y/l/n) and Skywalker, we will. Partnered, they will be-" Master Yoda began, but he was rudely interrupted.

"But-" Windu interjected.

"Final, the decision is, Master Windu." Master Yoda said without even turning to look at Master Windu.

Ha! Take that, you spoilsport! Put him in his place, you old, wrinkly, ketamine-addicted goblin!

"Thank you for your understanding." I said.

"You may leave." Master Windu said through his teeth.

I truly felt bad for Master Yoda, he was going to get an earful from a petulant Windu today.

And Master Windu was going to oppose me at every turn, I knew he wouldn't just let this incident slide.

**
(A/N)

Hey guys!

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, I'll have another up this weekend ^^ And there will be Anakin in it, cross my heart and hope to die.

What are your thoughts on petty little Master Windu and this session?

And where do you think this will lead?

How long do you think it'll take (y/n) to fall in love with Anakin? wink wink

And if you notice the songs at every header, it's the Holocron playlist!

As always, don't forget to comment, vote, and this story to your Reading List ❤️!

Lots of love,
Quill