34 - A Diamond In The Rough

(A/N) - I honestly wanted to go all out for Kenobi with a big bang, but then I decided to be nice and treat you all to a little something :)

(good) Warning - this chapter might flip a few hearts :D

Also, the formatting is weird since i wrote it on notes, please excuse

"Lilly, are you there? I'm sorry if I'm late." I called, hurriedly pushing my way into my suite. "Lilly?" I called again, getting only slightly apprehensive when I didn't get an answer.

I strode into my bedroom and found Lilly, alive and in one piece (thankfully), casually lounging on my bed as she flipped through one of the mythology books that I'd seen on the bookshelf in my hall.

"Oh, (y/n)! A thousand apologies, I didn't see you there." She exclaimed, closing her book and leaving it on the bed.

"You ready to get ready for tea?"

"I don't think that any answer other yes would be acceptable." I grinned. "What have you in store for me today?"

"Nothing over the top, but I do hope you're not opposed to wearing a rather tight turtleneck - I'm sorry, these kinds of arrangements are never comfortable." Lilly apologised, handing me a pile of sky-blue fabric. It's because Duchess Adriana is Pantoran and I am quite obviously not.

The turtleneck covers my neck and shoulders - it's a full-length dress so I have no need to cover my legs and I'm wearing gloves (better something that looks fashionable than awkward to the eye and also uncomfortable).

"No worries." I assured her as I slipped behind the privacy screen to change into them."I was wondering, you know." She said, scrolling through the dresses in the wardrobe in search of the one she'd previously chosen for today.

"Do you remember the day we met, that you said you might consider giving me some knife-throwing lessons?""It lives in my memory as clear as the day it was spoken. Why?" I asked playfully, mocking the posh way of speaking.

"Because I spoke to Mother and Father – they said it wouldn't be an inappropriate skill for a Princess to learn, although only after quite a good deal of persuasion. Is your offer still up?" She asked.

"Gee, Lilly, the Ball is just around the corner. Won't we be swamped with work tomorrow and the day after?" I asked. I don't mean to sound rude, but I doubt that we'll be able to find the time. And when I do something, I like to do it well.

"I'm sure Mother could find a way to spare us an hour or so." Lilly shrugged nonchalantly. The way she already considers the Royal Family her own warms my heart; I truly wish her and Berk'eley the best.

"All right then, but only if Queen Deli'lah can spare us both some time." I conceded."Thank you so much, (y/n)!" she beamed, radiating joy. I don't know. Maybe it's just that bout of happiness I'm going through right now that's made me unusually cheerful, or something, but I'd be happy to teach Lilly the ropes of knife throwing.

Then again, I never really minded teaching. Most Jedi groan like the sky is collapsing in on itself when it's their turn to teach the younglings (and it's so goddamn annoying, there's no need to be so whiny about it, how old are you, 5? And you say you don't want to teach the younglings, maybe the younglings should teach you.) , but I always did like spending time to teach the new generation. Some of the kids are real sweet and I would be a liar if I said that they weren't all such respectful and quick-learners.

Now, this is probably just optimism talking, but something tells me that Lilly might actually be good at knife-throwing. What do they say, "You never know until you try?" That's right.