Its hard to say "I love you" (Will × Alex)

One year of being together and neither have said it have said it. Most people would break the ice at 5 months or some even less. Why haven't either said it? Its hard. Feeling vulnerable and struck with so much feeling toward someone is hard.

What happens when you say it and they don't say it back?

Do they not care?

A gloomy day for Alex, pouring ran and a forgotten one-year anniversary from his significant other- seemingly forgotten at least. It's always just felt like two friends with benefits. Will was more layed back and Alex wanted to adventure. Nowadays Alex was depressed. Will was always away doing stuff for work or hanging with his friends. And it hurt. It really hurt Alex. Right now stuck inside watching stranger things for the 17th time. Trying to call Will every 10 minutes but no answer.

He decides to stop and continue watching the show. Maybe he'll just break up with him. Seems like he hasn't cared for a while anyways. Running upstairs to grab a blanket, a loud knock at the door startled him. Quickly grabbing his blanket, he ran downstairs and cracked the door open to see Will, shivering and drenched in water. He left the door open and went back to lay down, wrapping up in his blanket continuing watching the last episode of season 2. Will walked in and shut the door.

"Not even a hello?"

Alex stayed silent trying not to let the tears fall that had welled up in his eyes. Will had spare clothes up in Alex's room so he went up and got changed, coming back down in some sweats and a hoodie.

"You okay?"

No answer, no expression. Will walked over to the couch and sat down, attempting to pull Alex up into his lap. He didn't budge.

"What did I do?"

"Forgot about me"

"What are you talking about? Why do you think I came over here?"

"To make up for lost time or get me to do something"

"Have you forgotten we've been together for a year today?"

"Thought you did."

Will sighed and pulled Alex up, Alex gave in.

"You think that low of me?"

"No."

"I love you Alex how could I forget"

Alex flinched and looked back at Will, breath hitched

"What did you say?"

"I said I love you"

Alex continued to stare at Will with tears in his eyes.

"Alex don't cry, why are you crying?"

"You finally said it. I never had the ability to say it to you. Its so hard to say I love you. But Will- I love you as well. I really do."

"Im glad"

Will said smiling. He leaned in and kissed Alex, smiling into the kiss, Alex kissed back.

_________________________________________
Short story but I just wanted to THANK YOU ALL FOR 1.36K READS WTF YOU GUYS ARE MAD THAN K Y OU I WILL KEEP PUTTING OUT SHIT CONTENT!