Unexpected-George × James

Third Person

Reddit day today. George was recording a video with James and he had butterflies in his stomach. James was just perfect. George had liked him for a while, he just never said anything about it. Only Alex knew, he always tried to convince him to tell James but he just couldn't. At this moment, George was pacing in Alex's room, James would be there any minute.

"Alex what do I do??? James is gonna be here any minute."

"Just tell him when you stop recording."

"I can't I can't do it."

There was a knock at the door and George rushed downstairs. He opened it to see James smile.

"Uh hi James!"

"Hey George, you ready to record?"

"For sure. I'll just grab my mask and glasses. Go wait in my room"

James walks upstairs into George's room, George coming in a few minutes after.

"Right okay so I'm back on reddit with uh, James."

"Hello"

"Its your turn for reddit duty."

"Yes-"

"Uh we're on r/oldpeoplefacebook"

George was getting more nervous by the second. Luckily James couldn't see how red his face was getting.

"But this isn't facebook, this is reddit!"

"Well James, you're very observant. Im guessing this is where-"

"Old people post on facebook"

"Y-yeah yeah uh..s-so lets see what um..so lets see what the boomers have to say."

"I wouldn't be surprised if my mum was on here."

"If you don't flirt with your best friend like your lover, are you even best friends?"

"Yeah what do you think about that George?"

James puts his arm around George, sending shivers down his spine. James jokingly goes in for a kiss, George follows. James laughs.

"Take the mask off."

George sits there contemplating whether he actually should, he knew it was a joke but he didn't want it to be. He pulls down the mask right before James would've pulled away and goes in. James, surprised by it pulls away immediately. George was hurt, he runs into Alex's room and locks the door.

"What the fuck George?"

Alex was laying on his bed just scrolling through instagram. George ran over and layed next to him, resting his head on Alex's chest.

"What's wrong?"

George tries to hold in his emotions but just lets it out. Alex holds him tight.

"I kissed James."

"Then why are you crying?"

"He pulled away. Right away."

James knocks on Alex's door.

"Im sorry George. JAMES LEAVE."

Alex kisses George's head telling him everything will be okay.

"Please listen, I need to explain myself."

"James there is no explaining. You hurt him."

"George please step out for a second."

George moved closer to Alex. James kept knocking.

"I need to see what he wants."

"Be careful."

George got up and opened the door, his face red from crying.

"What"

"I didn't expect that George."

George turned around and tried to walk back to Alex but James grabbed him. He spun George around and kissed him. After a minute or so they pulled away.

"Why?"

"I like you George. I just didn't expect you to do that. Can we try again?"

George turned around to look at Alex and he smiled.

"For sure, just don't do that again."

They heard loud banging on the front door so Alex rushed down. He opened the door to see Will. Will pulled Alex in for a kiss and then they both ran upstairs.

"Why is Will here?"

"Can I not be here?"

Alex joined hands with Will.

"YOU TWO ARE A THING?"

Alex smiled.

"Absolutely."

"How long has it been? You never told me."

"3 months. I love him."

"Well this is fun. But Will, George and I finally got together."

"Congrats! Its been a long time coming. Alex told me everyday about you two"

George hit Alex lightly on the arm and Alex moved closer to Will.

"Double date?"

"Lets get at it."