The Alternate

(Y/N POV)
"Wow..." I was shocked. "You guys ok?" I asked. They nodded. I heard someone talking over the hill. "What are you doing just sitting there?" Maki said, then Panda and Toge came running. "Wait Maki somebody really did die today!" Panda said. She raised her eyebrows looking at him. "Who are these guys?" Nobara asked. "They are our second year senpai's. This is Maki Zenin, she specializes in cursed tools. He's Toge Inumaki, he utilizes his cursed speech to stop enemies. And Panda is just a Panda."

"These are the guys who have been training you (Y/N)?" Nobara asked. "Yep, they're pretty strong." I said. "We would like for you to participate in the Goodwill Event." Maki said. Megumi sighed. "Whats the Goodwill Event?" I asked. "Its when each of the Jujitsu Technical Schools come together to see what school is the best. We won last year." Panda said proudly. "Oh yeah, I remember Todo saying something about Yuta." I said. "So will you participate?" Maki asked. "I'll do it." They both said. "Well good for you guys but im opting out." I said.

"Oh no you aren't." Maki said grabbing my collar. "If their teammate died its only two of them, so congratulations you're their alternate." She said. "Im fine with being a alternate! I just dont want to compete!" I yelled. "Too bad (Y/N), Gojo left us in charge of you. So whatever we say goes." Panda said. I rolled my eyes, "Alright, but I wont like it." I said.

As we trained I could feel a difference in power from when I first came here and I think she noticed too. I felt more energized but still had my moments of laziness, but they were short lived due to Maki. I enjoyed being around her more and more each day.

I ran around the track as I watched Nobara get spun around by Panda. When I got back I laughed. "You should try to land Kugisaki, this is fall training." Panda said. When training was over Megumi and Nobara left leaving me with the others. "Alright that's enough training for today." Maki said. "Huh? Thats it?!" I said. "Yeah, were you looking for something more?" She asked. "Actually I was." I said.

"Take a load off (Y/N), has Maki scrambled your brain that bad?" He asked causing me to blush. "Its not like that! We usually train together everyday so I was just checking..." I felt her staff hit my head. "If she wants to continue to train leave her be, thats what she's here for right?" She said smiling at me. Panda and Toge shrugged before leaving me and her alone. "One round." I said. "Are you sure you want to train, or did you just want alone time with me?" She smirked. "Whatever, lets get started."

...

"Argghh, so close yet so far!" I said out of breath. "You almost got me." She said reaching her hand out. I grabbed it and she yanked me up. "Good job, seems like this training has been beneficial for you." She said as we walked from the field. We walked in silence as I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I was tired and she was unphased. "Hey Maki, we should hang out more." I blurted out making her look at me. "I'd like that."

Over the next few days we continued our training with the second years preparing for the Goodwill Event. "They should have more vending machines here." Nobara said. "They cant, its only so many people that can come in and out of here." Megumi said. "Thats true, but we could have more variety." I said. We heard footsteps and turned around. "Mai, Todo..." I whispered.

"Who are those guys?" Nobara asked. "They're from Kyoto, same as (Y/N). Thats Mai, she's Maki's sister. And thats Todo." Megumi said. "Sister huh?" She said. "No need to be so formal Megumi~" Mai said. "Arent you glad that cursed boy is dead?" She asked giggling. We looked at her, "Dont talk about our teammate like that Mai." I said folding my arms. "But its the truth, vessel just makes it sound good." "Enough!" I yelled at her. "Why are you two here?" I asked. "I came to see if the competition would be worth while this year." Todo said.

He pulled his jacket off and tore his shirt, "Tell me Fushiguro, what is your type of woman?!" He asked. Not this again. I thought putting my hand on my face. "And how you answer will determine whether I kick your ass." Megumi thought about it. "I personally like a girl with a good character and who is also compassionate. Thats enough for me." He said. I was shocked so I clapped. "I figured you say a girl with a big ass but you proved me wrong." Nobara said. But then it hit me, that was the wrong answer. I saw Todo cry and I already knew what was gonna happen. "You truly are boring." He punched Megumi and sent him flying.