seven

LIPSTICK STAINS| VII
" we are vampires "
{' VAMPIRES '}

SOFT MURMURS WOKE the raven haired girl up from her slumber

SOFT MURMURS WOKE the raven haired girl up from her slumber. The memories of last night hitting her like a truck. Luke... Rosalie? Suddenly she remembered every single detail, including the fact that Rosalie punched the living hell out of Luke with a strength she never saw in a human before. She could even remember when Rosalie ran to her car? She wasn't sure but it was so fast it felt like they were flying. The drive to wherever she is now is a blur though. She remembers the warm feeling she got when Rosalie placed her hand on her arm comfortingly. She remembers Rosalie asking questions but she was too out of it to answer. But after that everything is blank.

"We know you're awake" A velvet yet chilling voice made Samantha shiver. Opening her eyes, she was met with an irritated Rosalie leaning on what looked like a black desk. Beside her stood Dr. Cullen with a worried expression. Finally beside him stood Emma Young, dressed in normal clothes.

"How are you feeling?" Dr. Cullen spoke up. Samantha swallowed as she sat up from the comfortable bed. Rosalie's bed. She could tell by the lingering scent of her expensive perfume still on the bed.

"Okay. Can I have some water?" She asks, Dr. Cullen nods looking at Rosalie. She rolls her eyes but does it regardless. In a blink of an eye, Rosalie stood before her, a glass of water in hand.

Samantha looks at her perplexed. Sure she had experienced that last night but this was different. She was sober and her emotions weren't clouding her mind.

Rosalie holds the glass of water out as Samantha hesitantly grabs it. "Thank you" she mutters shyly. The cold liquid hits the back of her throat making the scratchiness in her voice go away.

"So I guess you are owed some answers?" He says but the raven-haired girl doesn't answer as she crosses her arms against her chest.

"How.." Samantha starts not knowing how to word it "How did you do that last night?" she asks directing her question toward Rosalie. The blonde doesn't answer, the permanent scowl still on her face.

"Well.. what I am going to say is going to sound completely irrational," Carlisle says looking at her with worried eyes "But my family and i.. we are vampires"

Samantha can't help but the giggle that falls from her lips. She slaps her hand over her mouth as Emma and Carlisle look at her with an amused smile. "I'm sorry," Samantha says quickly "I just.. you're what?"

"Vampires" Emma states this time.

"You're too?" Samantha asks confused.