one

LIPSTICK STAINS| I
" Oh you love me "
{' PILOT '}

LIPSTICK STAINS| I" Oh you love me "{' PILOT '}

IT WAS POURING rain that afternoon. Droplets of water would hit the raven girl's window, and ever so often it would make her jump slightly startled.

Sighing the younger girl stared at her ceiling. It was seemingly the most interesting thing she's ever encountered. Her mind was blank for the first time since she arrived in Forks. That was a week ago. The plane ride was different from the numerous ones she had been on before. She wasn't on her private plane with her parents comforting presence. She didn't have her father sitting beside her as he held her hand at take off and she didn't have her sister on her right going on and on about the magazine she was reading. She didn't have her mother talking her left ear off about something going on in the press.

Instead, she was sitting on a public plane, the idea of having to travel alone was far worst then having to endure the annoying people around her. She sat alone in the very back. There was a family of three in the seat in front of her it reminded her a terrible amount of her family. She wore her headphones the whole ride a slow playlist playing softly. This time around she didn't have two hands to hold tightly preventing blood flow as they landed. Instead, she held onto her seat her eyes closed as she tried to remember what her parents would whisper to her countless times. 'deep breaths.'

Her uncle Charlie was there to pick her up outside in the loading section with his cruiser. It certainly was not big enough for her luggage. His trunk could only fit three suitcases which led to them having to fit the other three in the back seat. She'd never forget the look on Charlie's face as she told him how much she had to pay to be able to bring that much luggage.

But before any of that Charlie held her in his arms tightly. She had seen her uncle Charlie around five times beforehand. Her father would invite him over for holidays or they would vacation together but they had never come to visit him. In those five times, she analyzed just how awkward he was. It was funny sometimes to see him so flustered because of how blunt and talkative she and her sister Irene were. So as soon as he pulled her into a hug it seemed as if all of her walls broke down. Charlie reminded her a lot of her dad. His black hair, his facial hair, and even their scent. They held each other as the world moved along around them. Samantha buried her face in his neck as she closed her eyes tightly. It was almost as if she were hugging her dad. Charlie, on the other hand, had the guilt of not having gone to his brother's funeral. He wasn't there to hold his niece's hand as her parent's friends told her how sorry they were. She had no other family back in New York and Charlie felt incredibly guilty for not being there for her.

They slowly pulled away from each other and that's when Charlie realized all of the luggage she had behind her. The ride to his house wasn't as awkward as she imagined. She would ask questions about Forks and Charlie would give her detailed responses. Even though both of her parents were born in Forks she had never been. Adrian, her father, and Veronica, her mother ran from Forks as soon as they graduated and never felt the need to come back. Samantha nor Irene had much interest in visiting. They preferred big cities or private islands rather than visiting a rainy town that only held a couple of thousand people.