A deer in headlights

TW- Attempted Kidnapping/Assault
———————

I walk quickly, keeping my distance from alleyways and dark corners. The street lamps give everything a dull, eerie glow. I never liked being alone at night. Little did I know, I wasn't alone.

All of the sudden, I feel a hand cover my mouth, and another snake around my waist. Next thing I know, I'm pulled into an alleyway.

I try to scream, but it's all drowned out by the hand around my mouth. Thrashing around violently, I try to escape from my captor's grip, but it's no use. He throws me into the wall, and I hear a crack. A shooting pain darts through the back of my head. I can't think now, the pain is too much. I fall to the ground as everything goes blurry.

I feel a hand on me again. I don't know how I did so, but I somehow mustered up the energy to kick him where no man wants to he kicked, and he hunches over, falling to the ground swearing. Using my chance to escape, I run, stumbling aimlessly out of the alleyway, right into a street.

My heart races as I run unknowingly into the road, my head pounding and my vision still blurry, like looking out of glasses with the wrong prescription. All of the sudden, my senses are overwhelmed by a bright light. The last thing I remember is a car horn and a screech. Then.... darkness.