Research

Hehehe I'm back
—————

Closing the door to May's apartment, Peter smiled to himself as he felt his wet curls settle down on his forehead. That was the most perfect night imaginable.

Slipping off his shoes, he called out into the near-dark living area.
"May, I'm home!"

The fluorescent street lights from below illuminated the living area, an elongated pattern being formed all around as light passed through the little water droplets on the window. The light swam around in the room, so for a brief moment, the furniture and features of the room took on more shape and color than the world outside.

Peter listened for his Aunt's response, but when there was none, he suspected she was out working late at the homeless shelter.

Listening to the soft pitter-patter of rain on the roof, Peter shuffled down the hall into his room, and plopped down onto his bed. Sighing to himself, he once again thought of you, and the night you had just shared. Little did he know, you were only two doors down, doing the exact same.

Glancing at the clock, it was a quarter after eleven. Today was his "off" day from protecting the people of Queens, so he picked up the receiver of his vintage house phone (He had found it while dumpster diving) and dialed Ned's number by heart.

"What's up hot stuff?" Ned's voice asked.

"Dude, you'll never believe the night I just had," Peter's excited trill sung through the phone.

"No way, did you find your thong?"

"Haha, very funny... No, it's still missing."

"Why do you wear one of those, anyway?"

"Come on man, you know that suit does nothing for my ass. I have to. Spider-Man is a hero, and everyone knows that heroes have the best trunks."

"Sure, man. Anyway, is that all you wanted to call about?"

"What? No. I met a girl. A girl, Ned. And she actually seemed interested in talking to me!"

"Hahaha that made my day. You're funny man."

"Ned, I'm being serious."

"Peter, we're nerds. We like building legos and having Star Wars marathons in our onesies."

"And?"

"Aaaannd, girls have five types. Jocks and rich kids, guys that are like 10 years older than them, mysterious bad boys, guys that don't even acknowledge them, and emo kids. And you Peter, for better or for worse, are none of those."

"Okay, you may be right, but I swear I'm telling the truth. Her name is Y/n, and she goes to Midtown. She's the one I told you about earlier. You know? The one I said looked super pale when I talked to her? You were the one who said she probably likes me."

"Peter, I was joking earlier. Why would she like you?"

"Ouch, man."

"That's not what I meant. I just mean when you first met, she didn't even know you, yeah?"

"Yes, Ned, that is usually the case when you meet someone for the first time."

"Oh har har. I just mean, how could she already like you if she hadn't met you before?"

"Yeah, I guess.  But that doesn't matter because I saw her at Delmar's and I got her a sandwich, then I took her to watch the sunset, and she didn't completely seem like she wanted to run away."