F I F T E E N

The cool breeze felt good against Aone's skin, he let out a long tired breath. "Uh, strawberries." He said, answering the question his girlfriend had asked him.

"What?" She laughed. "There's no way that your most hated things in the entire world are strawberries." She teased him. The white haired boy rolled his eyes. "They're gross." He said. "Yeah, yeah." She sassed, sneakily taking a strawberries from the plate beside her and taking a bite from it.

"Kiss?" She asked, pushing herself to lean on one elbow and puckered her lips dramatically. Aone eagerly leaned into her, gasping when she shoved her tongue through his lips. He quickly pulled away when he tasted the red fruit on her tongue.

"Gross." His brow bones scrunched up, making her laugh.

Their laughter died down, and eventually only the chirping birds could be heard among their silence. The two had decided to have a small picnic in her backyard, on with cliche fruits, cheese, and a corny blanket.

"Will you remember me?" She asked suddenly, and leaned against her boyfriend.

Aone turned to stare at her, trying to understand what she was feeling. "Yes." He answered simply, turning to the trees in front of them.

"I'll miss you like worms miss dirt." Aone spoke, trying to lighten the drowning mood.

"Am I dirt in this simile?"

"Yes."

"That's not very romantic."

"It can be."

"How so?"

Aone paused for a moment, trying to justify himself. "I take it back," was his eventual answer.

(L/n) laughed. "Okay."

The birds continued to chirp and the couple continued to watch them on the trees. Aone's fingers trailed down to meet her smaller ones, enveloping them in his own.

She let out a long sigh, a relaxed one, and closed her eyes. "The sun feels nice." She spoke, cuddling closer to Aone's warm body. "Nice and warm."

A moment passed, and then another.

"I love you, Aone." She spoke quietly, almost sadly.

The boy blushed, his fingers tightening around hers. "I know." He spoke softly. "I love you." His voice came out shakey and shy.

"I hate the thought of leaving you here waiting around for me." She spoke softly, her voice missing the loving tone she had used previously. She sounded different- distant.

"I don't mind waiting."

"But you'll be lonely."

"I don't mind waiting." He repeated slowly, turning to her with furrowed browbones. "Where are you going with this?" He questioned, his tone deep and concerned.

She turned away from his eyes, her lip dipping into a frown. "I don't want you to feel obligated to wait for me."

"I'm not obligated to do anything, and I understand that. I want to wait for you."

"You shouldn't have to wait. "

Aone turned to her with a frown, something turning in his stomach. "What are you saying?"

She paused, her breathing stopping for a moment and her eyes begining to water.

"I think we should break up."

Aone felt his heart drop to his stomach, feeling vile threatening to climb up his throat. He stared at her for a long moment, too hurt to say anything more.