E L E V E N

(L/n) had recovered from her cold rather quickly, only needing a day to feel better. When she went back to school the next day, the volleyball boys bombarded her with questions, wanting an explanation for Aone and her synchronized absence.

She had turned to Aone, but he quickly turned away from her eyes, blushing like a tomato. "I was sick, so Aone came to take care of me." (L/n) smiled up at the team, trying to hold back her own blush.

"Eh? Then why is he red?" Futakuchi asked, reaching up and poking Aone's cheek.

Oh god, think. Think!

"B-Because I became his girlfriend." (L/n) rushed out, grabbing ahold of Aones hand, as she had done many times before, and blushing.

It was dead silent.

Dead. Silent.

"I GO TO CHECK OUT YOUR HOT MOM FOR ONE NIGHT AND NOW THEY'RE DATING?!" Kamasaki shouted angrily and Futakuchi. "STOP CALLING MY MOTHER HOT YOU SICKO! AND HOW WOULD I HAVE KNOWN THAT-"

"Enough. You are being disruptive." Aone interrupted the bickering two, his blush now gone and his usual frown making its appearance.

"He called my mom hot." Futakuchi grumbled, looking at the floor with a pout. "She is hot." Kamasaki smirked up at the boy, his voice only a whisper. "Son of a bitc-"

"I said, enough." Aone's voice echoed through the hallway, leaning chills through his teams spine. "Tch, whatever." Futakuchi whined sourly, turning around and stalking away.

"Congratulations by the way, on you relationship." He said before turning the corner of the hallways.

"Congratulations!" The team cheered in sync, making (L/n) smiled brightly and Aone blush. "Thank you, guys!" She said, rubbing Aone's hand with her thumb affectionately.

***

"How was practice?" (L/n) asked Aone with a small smile. "They teased me a lot." Aone said with a frown, wrapping his arm affectionately around (L/n)'s shoulder. She let out a small laugh. "How ironic, I guess Futakuchi told my soccer team about us so it's all I heard about during practice too." She spoke out with a found smile on her face. She didn't mind the testing that much, in fact she enjoyed it a bit. She liked that she had bonded with her team so well that they were comfortable enough to joke around with her, they were like her best friends after all.

Aone led (L/n) along the sidewalk, listening to her speak about things that happened in class or at practice, and he smiled. He liked that she could talk on and on about nothing in particular.

"Oh," Aone thought out loud, rembering he was supposed to ask (L/n) something, "want to come over to make Christmas cookies tonight? Mom invited you over." He said, a small blush coating his cheeks. "Really? I'd love to!" She smiled up at him, glad that his mother had became fond of her. "Wow! I can't believe your mom really invited me." She said, unable to wipe the cocky smirk off her face.

"I must be irresistible to all." She joked sarcastically, throwing her hands up in a flashy manner. Aone let out a low chuckle, udging her with his side. "Oh yeah, so irresistible." He teased and planted a kiss on her forehead.

(L/n) blushed furiously, looking down at the ground to hide her face. While she wasn't used to Aone's teasing side, she definitely enjoyed it.

Aone noticed her shyness and smiled to himself weakly. "Hey, look at the clouds." He said, nudging her again.

And so she did. She looked up at the blue sky, but no clouds were in sight, it was completely clear. She  turned to Aone with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and when she did, Aone placed a gentle kiss on her lips.