𝗢𝗻𝗲

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

People are not bad
People have simply lived

-bridgettdevoue

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Elain

I think I'm gonna die out of exasperation.

I yawned for the twelfth time as I watched my professor (forgive me for forgetting the old chap's name) explaining something I had no idea about. Hell, I didn't even know what subject we were studying.

Calculus maybe? Wait, who talks about literature in calculus? Forget it.

I shook my head vigorously, trying my best to not fall asleep and miss yet another important lecture but it was getting harder and harder. I peeked at the wall clock after every five seconds-- realising there were still fifteen minutes left. Fifteen freaking minutes!

Honestly, why does the last minute feel like forever?

I yawned again, this time accidentally being too loud and grabbing some students' and the professor's attention. I gulped and noticed how the professor stopped his blabbering and was looking at me sternly with his green eyes, his thick eyebrow raised and his arms folded against his chest.

I smiled innocently, trying my best to not let out another yawn as his looks weren't less boring than the lecture.

He cleared his throat, still looking at me seriously. "Miss Carson, You seem like you're not quite attentive. Not like you're attentive anyway," he mumbled the last part but I could hear it as I was in the first desk and he was close to me.

I gave him a tight lipped smile as he continued. "By any chance, do you find my lecture boring?"

"Yes, I mean n-no, no! Of course not!" I exclaimed, hoping the ground to swallow me rather than being here and embarrassing myself.

A few students giggled and I tried to figure out if they were laughing because of the professor's reaction or my statement.

The professor's nose flared in frustration and somehow he managed to remain calm. He smiled at me and said: "If you find my lecture so boring, then you can leave."

I was beyond happy. "Really?" I exclaimed, my eyes wide with happiness. "Thank you so much, Sir!" I told him, picking up my stuffs from my desk and shoving all at once in my bag.

He and the students looked surprised by my reaction and I swung my bag in my shoulders—walking out of the room before yelling, "Thank you again, Sir! Really appreciate it!"

Walking out of the college was the best feeling for me. No more listening to lectures and letting myself to not drift off to sleep. No more professors nagging me about my studies. Nothing but just myself.

My mother had told me that I wasn't like this two years ago. That before I lost my memories, I was a merit student who used to love studying and loved to get praises from teachers. I had cringed when I heard that from her.

My blue bicycle awaited for me in the parking lot—ever willing to ride anywhere at anytime. Taking it out, I didn't hesitate to hop on it and pedal— ready to reach my destination.  The place I'd been dying to visit ever since I moved into this new town by myself.

.

a/n: So, this was the first chapter! How's it? Would love to know your thoughts on it.

Thank you so much for reading! Means a lot to me. Since this is a short story it's gonna have five chapters and I hope you'll read it till the end.

Thank you for your support!

*Hugs*