𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Maybe when the time is right you'll find me again
-k.tolnoe
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Elain

Remember the place I'd mentioned before? The place for which I left my precious lecture? Yep, I was at that place right now and I couldn't be more thrilled about it.

That place was my workplace and today was my first day at it and boy, was I nervous. This was my second job after I lost my first one by cursing at my boss for saying my name wrongly.

"This time I won't blow it up." I mumbled to myself confidently as I parked my bicycle and pushed open the gates to enter.

As the ironed gate made screeching sound after I pushed it with all my might, I must say, I wasn't surprised by the view in front of me as I knew, this place was an ethereal beauty and the fact I find it so familiar even though I'd never visited this place before made me smile for some reasons.

It was as if I had countless memories connected to it.

Winter was coming to an end but still I was feeling so cold that I had to brush my palms together and bury them inside my pockets. I pulled my coat closer to me when the cold wind brushed against my skin and my light brown hair—causing them to spread all over my face.

My workplace was a bakery shop and it was located here--in this park where people were gathered--chattering with each other while some were busy alone, some just eating their cakes with a book glued to their eyes, some talking over phone and some just doing nothing.

But they weren't what caught my full attention. What caught my attention was the person under the cherry blossom which was far away from the park and still hadn't came to life but I knew it would--as spring was near.

The person was sitting alone at a table, their head buried in the table--making it hard to guess if the person was a girl or a boy but since she had long raven black hair ended in her shoulders I assumed her gender without thinking much.

Looking at her table filled with various cupcakes which were untouched I assumed she was just here to sleep or spend time alone with her cat who was also sleeping beside her head--both enjoying their peaceful catnap with no distraction and buying cupcakes was perhaps just an excuse.

°°°°°

It was already 9 PM when I finished my work and I was exhausted after working for such long hours. I must say, I worked smoothly and there was no trouble--everyone was kind, they explained everything to me and now all I had to do was repeat what I did today. Take order and serve.

I yawned and stretched my hands after getting out of the bakery shop--ready to go in my apartment and sleep tight. The weather was chillier than afternoon and the coat which I was wearing wasn't helping at all.

I decided to run instead of walking so I'd reach my apartment fast but before getting out of the park, my eyes landed on the two familiar sleeping figures--making me stop in my tracks and go towards them.

They were still sleeping. Both. Are they dead?

The girl's head was still buried and I nudged her arms gently--trying to know if she was alive or not. If she was--then she'd better hurry off to her home as I had a feeling it'd be getting more chillier and both of them would freeze to death.