𝗧𝘄𝗼

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

What if, you and I were meant to part ways, only so that we could find each other again.

unknown

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Elias

I think I'm gonne die out of exasperation.

I yawned for the umpteenth time as my father rambled about how careless I'd been towards my health. I tried my best to not make any sound which would make evident that I was yawning nonstop while my father yelled at me from the other side of the phone.

I put the call on speaker so I could do some other house chores except for just listening to my father who was still talking—not knowing the fact that his son was doing anything but listening to him. God, just how much energy does this man have?

Using the hair tier which was placed in my wrist, I tied my shoulder length black hair backwards, getting ready to clean this pig farm.

"Elias, you listening? Elias!" he yelled from the other side of the phone as I finished vacuuming my small apartment which had only two rooms but it was fine; considering the fact that I was able to get such a spacey apartment in such less time and my college was close by too.

"No, I mean yes! My cat's doing fine!" I yelled as I was in the end of my room and my phone was in the corner.

"I was talking about your studies!" he shouted and I facepalmed, walking towards my phone and taking it in my hand. "I was talking to someone else, haha." I faked a laugh and then cringed at how awful it sounded.

"Son, you live alone because you can't stand people." I knew he was saying this with a tight lipped smile.

"Oh, yeah. How could I forget that?" I laughed nervously. "Guess my amnesia isn't really gone. Even after a year." I tried to reason with a lie.

"Elias, this has nothing to do with amnesia." He told me, his voice serious. He'd always go dead serious if I ever talked about my amnesia or what caused it. Anything related to my health was enough to make him serious. Even a joke.

I sighed. "I know, dad. I was just. . . y'know, kidding?" I tried to lighten up the atmosphere. "As for my studies, they're going good. . . . I think. I still suck at chemistry but I'm trying."

"Just don't stress yourself out. You know you had a traumatic head injury last year," sighed and continued. "It's been four months since you left and started living your life in your own way. I'm happy and proud of you. Your mother and I, we both are. But we're also worried, Elias. You sure you're doing fine?" His voice was filled with worries as I sighed.

"I'm doing finer than ever, Dad. Yeah, the headaches are quite persistent and I feel nauseous sometime but it's bearable. Really." I assured him as he sucked in a deep breath and released it in relief.

Before he could tell me that if I ever felt lonely or felt sick, I could always come home for the tenth time, I spoke. "I'm nineteen, Dad and will be turning twenty tomorrow. I can take care of myself." I chuckled.