Epilogue

"-thorities are still investigating the burglary at the power- ... We just recieved breaking news and will swich over to our news helicopter for a live report."

Kenny and Kyle who were just chilling on the couch in front of the tv now watch the news with rapt interest.

The helicopter is circling a building with a weird contraption perched on the roof. It's some form of lazer by the looks of it. Both men reconize the signature aestetic immedeately as something Professor Chaos would build. It looks an aweful lot like a dooms day device. Chaos himself however, doesn't seem to be present.

"Is Professor Chaos active again?" Kyle looks concernedly at his boyfriend.

"As far as I'm aware this is the first sign of him in years." The blonde awnsers. "Ky, do you have Butters number? Also, can you trace a phonecall?"

The redhead nods as he gives Ken the number and opens his laptop.

"Why do you need Butters of all people?"

Ken starts dialing in the numbers. "Don't you remember? Butters is Chaos."

"No fucking way." Kyle mumbles under his breath. He gives Ken a nod to show he's ready. Ken hits the call button.

The call picks up after the first ring. "H-howdy who is this?"

"Chaos" Hearing Mysterions deep voice coming out of bright and sunny Kenny so effortlessly is almost hilarious and Kyle has to hold in his laugh as he works on narrowing down the signal.

"M-myst-mysterion!" Chaos dissolves into incoherent blabbling and cowering in fear from the voice over the Phone.

"I thought you retired your cape."

"I-I did.. b-but yasee, stuff.. happened and-and now I'm in charge of the city. I'm removing all laws! Chaos fer- fer everyone!"

"Stop this. Now." Kenny's voice like this sends shivers down Kyles spine, he can only imagine how poor Butters is fairing.

"Okeydokey Mysterion sir right- Hey!" Some shuffeling is heard over the tiny speaker.

"I honestly don't get why your so afraid of that guy." A female voice sounds through the phone. "Listen here purple pants, we're not stopping and I'm very much looking forward to seeing you try to make us. Soooo why don't I be sporting and let us meet at (DDD location)

With that the phone gets hung up.

"You got Chaos location?"

"jup, few blocks from the device, (at tall building inc.) most likely on a high vantage point to keep an eye on things from a safe distance."

~

Mysterion goes to Chaos first for a talk. He steps out of the shadows. Deliberately makes his footfalls heard as he walks up to Chaos so the guy doesn't jump out of his skin.

"M-mah-muh-mahh..Oh hamburgers." Poor Butters is shaking in his boots. The vigilante wants to go easy on the guy, but he needs some awnsers first.

"Why are you doing this Chaos?"

"I-I am mighty sorry a-about all this Mysterion-sir. She uh, Lady Lunacy that is, was very insistent on-on-" Oh dear Butters blubbers through his words on the verge of tears.

Mysterion should have figured none of this was his idea.

"Chaos go home. Eat something, sleep. And stay. Retired. Don't make me force you. You too Dissaray."

"Gladly sir." Dissaray salutes him and scampers off.

~

"There you are finally, you sure love to keep a girl waiting." Lady Lunacy greets Mysterion with a wave. Leaning against the giant lazer, she wears the same colors and chrome plating Chaos is known for.

"Figured I'd catch up with an old friend first." Mysterion throws one of Chaos his suit armor things at her feet.

"hmph, did he at least try to stop you? No ofcourse he wouldn't." Lunacy mumbles to herself, climbing onto the lazer to what looks like a controller sticking out of it.

Lunacy tries to hit Mysterion with the giant lazer. First the device itself, before turning on the actual lazer to fire it.

'This thing must burn up a ton of energy. If I can remove the sorce, it'll stop the device.' Mysterion thinks as he launces himself towards the device and latches on, ripping steel plates from it while lunacy turns the lazer like a wild bull ride.

'That looks like a promising glow..of course. of fucking course its plutonium. FUCK.'

"Yes its real, radioactive, and rediculously rickety. If you didn't get that, it means if you remove it, it'll explode, and take most of the buildings you see here with it!" Lady Lunacy cackles.

Mysterion hops off. He needs to think up a different plan.

"And yourself."

She shrugs. "And you and the hundreds of innocent people locked up in this here building."

'Negosiations won't work.' "None of this is Chaos MO, this was all your plan. To what end?"

"Brilliant right? You can't destroy the lazer without throwing half of Denver into a nuclear winter!"

Suddenly everything goes silent. It's as if the universe holds its breath in anticipation.

"Allow me to demonstrate exactly why you should fear me."

Purple ice creeps from below Mysterions cloak towards the doomsday device. The concreet roof has been frozen almost completely in seconds. When the ice starts to freeze the pillars holding the device it turns from the light purple to a blackened abyys. Out of the void rise horrid tentacles that latch and wrap onto the lazer. Pushing and pulling the metal, reshaping, turning it outside in, back into molten iron and rusted metal. Then a beak breaks through the void and starts to feast. Taking huge chunks out of the lazer with every bite, swallowing the plutonium whole with a satisfied trill.

Lady Lunacy snaps out of her daze watching this madness go on just in time to make a mad jump for the frozen roof. Away from the discusting/beautiful/ creature that would surely eat her too. She slips, but before she can fall a hand grabs her arm. She looks up, into the cold, unforgiving violet eyes of Mysterion.

"I'm delivering you to the authorities now."

Is the last thing she hears before fainting.