8. boggarts

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

you count to three,while they're all dying,you're hard to reach,you're cold to touch

you count to three,
while they're all dying,
you're hard to reach,
you're cold to touch

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

Chloe stepped into the Hospital Wing later that day. The chilled air from the room brushing against her bare fingers, and the glints of warm light travelling through the pane of the window, creating strokes of light that caressed her cheeks.

It hadn't taken a complex conversation with Madam Pomfrey to let her see Draco and his broken arm. She had simply shown up, expecting to be shooed away, but instead was let right in. She had managed to find a time to come in the small gap Pansy had left, not having enough energy left in herself to deal with her.

She quickly examined the room, seeing Draco lay on one of the beds towards the back with a straight face, only for it to turn to one of pain whenever Pomfrey turned around.

Chloe rolled her eyes at him as she moved her feet to walk towards him.

"You know when I said I wanted the Hippogriff to eat you, I was joking, right?" she queried, her eyes narrowing at his hand tightly clutching his injured arm, that was now wrapped in a cast and Chloe had no idea why, Pomfrey could fix it in a second.

Never mind, she did know why. Attention.

Draco's eyes snapped towards her as she said the words, his hand loosening its grip on his arm. She could tell he was slightly surprised she had come to see him, the flash of panic behind his eyes when she spoke up and the immediate whip of his head told her that.

He exhaled loudly, shaking his head in disapproval as he gestured to his wound, "I told you that oaf shouldn't be working here."

She then exhaled loudly too, mostly to mock him, as she flicked his leg with her fingers so he would jump back in pain, creating a space on the end of his bed for her to sit.

"I think it's you," she nodded with a slight grin, referring to the problem being him rather than Hagrid, "I bet there are loads of people here who would like to attack you. I, for example, resist the urge every day."

He swiftly moved his leg to kick her side, "Piss off."

She suddenly became overwhelmed with the feeling of someone watching her again. It was hard for her to process; usually, when you felt like someone was staring at you, you could feel holes burning into the places their eyes were set on. She felt different.