13. dreaded downfall

━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━

I've taken down all the pictures in my room,i've hidden things that reminded me of you

pictures in my room,
i've hidden things that
reminded me of you

━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━

The next day, Ron's main circle of friends had inevitably noticed his sudden, unexpected lift in his mood all the time. He seemed to be smiling more and had more resilience towards Hermione and her cat. Even Chloe had noticed, she didn't think she meant that much to him.

Everyone was currently filing into the stands of the quidditch pitch. Daphne was clutching onto Chloe's hand as they sat, bodies up against each other and trying to share a single jacket to protect them from the rain. Many beanies and umbrellas surrounded them as the pouring rain soaked through the cotton of people's clothes and the strands of hair down their backs.

"What house are you two rooting for?" Theo leaned over Blaise so the two girls could hear his words.

"Hufflepuff," they responded at the same time.

Theo and Blaise pursed their lips and threw specific glances at each other before looking back at Daphne and Chloe to ask why, though it was clear they already knew.

"Why?" Blaise challenged through bored eyes.

"'Cause Cedric's hot-"

"-We like yellow," Daphne interrupted as she harshly nudged Chloe's side.

Their attention was drawn back to the pitch as their ears were filled with the high pitched shrill of the whistle that started the game. Both teams zoomed into the air, fighting for the quaffle as the two seekers stayed back to search for the Snitch.

White slits of water shredded their view enough to turn the blurs of red and yellow into simple shards of bolting orange. Chloe imagined how nice it would be to be in bed right now as she ducked her head and backed herself under the umbrella someone behind her was holding up.

"This is exactly why I don't play quidditch," Theo muttered loud enough for his friends to hear as he gestured towards the players who looked as though they were being dragged by the wind.

The three looked at him with scarily similar expressions on their faces.

"You don't play quidditch because you can't catch to save your life," Daphne teased.

Thunder and lightning struck their senses and Madam Hooch soon blew her whistle to call a time-out. Gryffindor was now in the lead by fifty points, the amount of time having already passed causing everyone to wonder if they were going to have to play into the night.

Chloe's hands and nose became numb as she continued to watch the rest of the game, squinting through the fogginess as she, and many others, noticed a yellow fragment disappear into the clouds, shortly followed by a red one. A sudden increase of noise erupted as it was assumed the seekers had spotted the snitch.