5. deja vu

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

lyrical smile, indigo eyes,hand on my thigh,we can follow the sparks,i'll drive

hand on my thigh,
we can follow the sparks,
i'll drive

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

Chloe awoke from the fluttering shadows of the soft currents of the lake that were plastered on the wall next to her, reflecting across her face.

She didn't have to guess what time it was, she knew she could never sleep in like a normal person.

She sat up quietly in her bed, squinting slightly through the darkness and keeping the duvet covering the top half of her body to prevent the coldness from biting at her bare arms. All four of her roommates were still asleep.

She looked over to the lump in the bed next to hers, who was snoring softly, mumbling something incomprehensible every now and then and had a foot hanging out from under her blanket and off the bed. She noticed the face was undiscoverable due to the messy mop of blonde hair sprawled over it and the pillow.

Chloe would feel bad if she were to wake up Daphne this early to go to the Great Hall to eat before everyone else got there. She decided she would go on her own, she knew at least one other person who had a sleep schedule as bad as her and would probably be down there soon.

She got up as quietly as she could, having to pause every time the bed or floor made a small creak to look around and wait for them to stop stirring.

The layout of their dorm was quite awkward for the five girls it was occupied by, more so the people than the design.

There was Chloe and Daphne, who were obviously best friends, then there was Pansy and Millicent Bulstrode. Chloe didn't know much about Millicent, despite having shared a room with her for two years previously. She just knew she and Pansy were somewhat friends, although Pansy seemed to boss her around a lot. The hatred between both pairs was mutual.

Lastly, there was Tracey Davis, who, honestly, was kind of just there. She never really talked to the other girls or contributed to their fights by taking sides or standing in the middle. Occasionally, she would talk to Chloe and Daphne, but that was about it.

Chloe stumbled to the end of her bed to grab things from her trunk (almost falling over in the process but no one needs to know that), not really even fully awake yet but knowing she wasn't going back to sleep.

She had to rummage through all the extra bags of food that were taking up most of the room in her trunk to actually get to her clothes and toiletries.