1. the exordium

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

the autumn chill that wakes me up,you loved the amber skies so muchlong limbs and frozen swimsyou'd always go past where our feet could touch

you loved the amber skies so much
long limbs and frozen swims
you'd always go past where our feet could touch

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

The eerie darkness and ominous silence roaming around her room and through her mindset of what she would call a 'dreamless sleep' was, bizarrely, what woke her up in a cold sweat.

She jumped as she sat upwards, ripping the duvet off the upper half of her body and started panting, frantically looking around as she slowly started to calm down, noticing her surroundings.

Looking to her left and out the window next to her bed, she realised dawn had just broken over the horizon, creating small rays of gold and red through the once peaceful, dark sky, now filling her room with a golden glow.

She figured it was around five-thirty, maybe six o'clock.

She lay back onto the bed, staring at the roof and looking at the green and purple paint and crayon marks from when she was little and would jump on the beds, drawing and painting on the roof with Draco.

The same recurring nightmare had clouded her head for the last six years. The same nightmare where she would be tortured with her mothers screaming as she was suffering from her own torture, the same nightmare where she would witness her mother's eyes darken and body stiffen, losing the light of life in them, the same nightmare where she would be constantly on the run from death eaters, like she was a wanted prisoner, causing her to constantly be filled with anxiety and paranoia, the same nightmare where she reunited with her mother later on, but this time in a different place above the clouds. 

Accepting that she wasn't going to get back to sleep anytime soon, she decided to start getting ready.

Climbing out of her bed, she walked to her wardrobe to pick out her clothes for the train and went straight into her bathroom to shower and get ready. Shutting the bathroom door behind her, she became more excited by the second to finally get back to Hogwarts with her friends and out of the suffocating manor.

By the time she had gotten out of the bathroom, the sun was now bright enough to create shadows from the many trees the manor was surrounded by, the light beaming into her room through her bare window.

She looked out of it again, this time into the manor's garden which was almost directly under her window. She noticed the flowers, the grass, the memories that came with them. The lilies her and Draco once picked, the grass they once laid in, looking at the stars and deciding which ones were the prettiest even though they had no idea how which ones they were, the water fountain they always used to push each other in and splash each other with only to get scolded later on in the day.