3. dementors

━━━━━━━━ ⋆ ━━━━━━━━

he's  perfect on paper,but he's lying to my face,does he think that i'm the kind of girl who needs to be saved?

he's perfect on paper,
but he's lying to my face,
does he think that i'm the kind
of girl who needs to be saved?

━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━

A grating boom of thunder passed through the walls of the Everdeen cottage, matching the crashing of the sulky willow trees against the window panes, oscillating in the wind.

Aurora and Chloe sat, huddled together in the corner of the room, a single blanket over both of them. They didn't have time to grab anything else.

Effulgent flashes filled their living room, footsteps from outside purposely leaving small thumps with every stride, each more terrifying than the last.

Closer and closer, louder and louder.

Her mother's trembling arms made their way around Chloe's body, softly pushing her daughter behind herself, knowing what was to come.

Wisterias hanging from the windows outside, whirling around in the storm like an untamed tornado, the nefarious mysteries walking along the cobblestone path, plotting something only the future knew.

Doors bursting, wands flashing, floorboards quaking.

Sobs and whimpers escaped her lips as the light from outside shone upon her mother, her skin now glowing and her face now horror-struck.

Familiar masks covered the faces of the intruders. Only the piercing eyes could be seen through small holes, enough to create shivers throughout both of their bodies. Sauntering in through the wide-open door, eyeing the two figures hunched in the corner.

Her mother stood up abruptly, whispering words of courage to her daughter, leaving her in the corner under the blanket. She tried to stand up, to jump in front of her mother, to save her, but she couldn't move as if she had been petrified. Her actions of internally pushing and pulling on anything she could became futile. Her body sat still.

After the few steps her mother took, pleading and crying for the attackers to leave, saying she would rather go than her daughter, that her daughter held viridity, the front death eater raised their wand, pointing straight at Aurora's middle.

A small, sparkly blue beam of light shot from the tip of the wand, transmitting straight through Aurora's body. Rough on her surface but cutting through her like a knife. Splitting through the cotton on her stomach, the tightness of her skin, the flowing of her blood. She collapsed almost immediately. Chloe screamed, crying and thrashing around in the corner to herself as if no one else could see her actions. As if they knew she was there, but she was invisible.