P R O L O G U E

RAVEN

Red and blue lights are all I saw in front of me, along with my mother's dead body being lifted into the ambulance. I was beyond terrified about what was going to happen now.

Memories came flooding back as my mother's blood now stained my clothes. Barely any word has left my mouth since the incident. To say I was scared was an understatement. I was traumatized.

30 minutes earlier

"Mamá can we eat ice cream and watch movies tonight?" I asked hoping she would agree." Chér-." She started but was cut off, when out of nowhere, a man who looked to be in his mid-twenties, stepped out of the alley, walking up to us.

My mother looked shocked and scared. He kept a straight face while looking at her, then me, slightly smirking. He looked very built and had tattoos on his wrist leading up into his white dress shirt.

"Alessandro has given you enough time and he wants his payment," he stated with a deep husky accent. "W-what are talking about?" My mother stuttered while looking at me.

He then pulled out a gun keeping it at his side and started talking to her in a foreign language." I don't like to repeat myself, you should know that." He declared, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Leave my mom alone!" I shouted feeling somewhat confused that he just came out of nowhere and started threatening my mama.

"Shut up Bitch!" He yelled making me cower in fear.

"Stay out of this!" He growled while turning back to my mom." I don't have it," she said still looking at me. He then slapped her."Leave her alone!" I sobbed while hitting him. In an instant, I was pushed to the ground with a thud.

"Shut up or else." He gritted through his teeth looking very angry now." you," he pointed at my mother." I won't repeat myself." He growled.

"I-" she was cut short by the sound of a bullet. I screamed when I saw her body fall to the ground. Her blood dampening her clothes at a rapid speed. I was about to run up to her when the man grabbed my arm and made me look him in the eye. I just gazed at him feeling as a wave of emotions kept piling up onto me. Some being irritated, fear and disgust as to why he just shot my mother.

"We'll meet again soon," he muttered before leaving me there with my mother's body. I just broke down crying. I just lost the one person who gave me a home, happiness, and most importantly, love.

I rushed over to her, resting her head on my lap." Wake up mamá!" I shouted trying to get her to open her eyes. Her body soon went limp and her eyes lost the sparkle that was once there.

I was instantly pulled out of my trance by police sirens coming near us. A few neighbors had called the police upon hearing a lot of yelling followed by gunshots.

The ambulance stopped in front of me and a group of paramedics came over to me and my mother. Police came over and started asking me questions about what happened but I couldn't say anything. I could see them taking her body into the ambulance and them seating me in the back of the police car.

~~~

I was questioned at the station about any relatives that I could live with but I couldn't answer them. I had no recollective memory of any family members.

"If you don't have any relatives, we mi-" she was cut off by another officer calling her.

"I'll be back with something for you to eat." with that she left me there. Looking up into the ceiling, my thoughts consumed me within minutes of the officer is gone. Why did he kill my mother? What did he want? Who was Alessandro?