C H A P T E R 10

RAVEN

"What am I gonna do if I am their sister. There's a lot of similarities but I can't be too sure." I chant, pacing back and forth in front of Avianna's bed. She sits there completely ignoring me as if I hadn't said been saying anything since they left on Monday. It was now Friday in the afternoon.

Dom said to come late since the doctor would need more time to be sure.

"What about my school, my friend-," she cuts me off before I could continue.

"You don't have any friends. I know that for a fact. And there are lots of schools here that you can go to. You should stop worrying, everything is gonna be alright, " She explained.

"I'm not worried, just stressed, that's all. Imagine living by yourself your whole life and all of a sudden you're being thrown into a world where you have eight brothers," I interpreted.

It was Friday today and I was beyond stressed. The results would determine the outcome of my future. Whether or not I had brothers. This was all new to me. I never grew up having a loving family or people who cared for me.

We heard a car honking outside, meaning that Dimitri was about to carry me to dom to find out the DNA test. I left after saying goodbye to avianna, carrying the torn photo, and got quickly into the car.

He drove off fast, passing some elderly people who were walking down the street. He also seemed to need closure. They all needed closure.

I hope I'm their sister.

We soon arrived at the 'mansion', Dimitri quickly running around the car to open my door. I thanked him and started walking to the front door, where there were a few bodyguards. Dimitri and I walked past them and entered dom's office after knocking. Dom looked at me and smiled softly.

"The doctor said he'll be here in fifteen minutes," Dom announced, bouncing his leg up and down and clicking the pen, which already annoyed me. Dimitri stood behind Dom while I sat in the chair in front of them.

The doctor knocked and came in after fifteen minutes. He handed Dom an envelope and quickly left after saying his farewells.

Dom read through the letter with Dimitri. An unfamiliar emotion washed across their faces.

Am I getting my hopes up?

They handed me the letter and I quickly read through it.

Based on testing results obtained from the analysis of the DNA list, the probability of relation is 99.9998%.

When I looked up back, they were already in tears. They rushed to me, hugging me until we tumbled onto the ground. They stood up, also helping me.

"I gotta tell the guys about this. They've been so impatient the whole week," Dimitri declared, rushing out the door.

"You're our sister, huh?" Dom chuckled, hugging me again.

"Yeah, I guess I am.".

I look down at the picture that I had in my hand. He looks at the picture, knowing it's the picture with our father. He heads to his desk, taking out another torn picture. He brings it to me and it shows my mother in it. I smile genuinely. He brings the two pictures together, now seeing as if we just solved a puzzle. He sets the two on the desk after promising to put them together.

"You better start packing now cause we'll be picking you up tomorrow," Dom said, looking back at the letter.

"What do mean pack?". I ask confused.

"You're our sister, so that means you're gonna have to live with us. Plus, you're underaged if I can remember," he proclaims, resting his chin on his hand.

"But what about my school, my work, and what about my apartment," I confessed, feeling a bit stressed out.

"Don't worry about all that. You'll be going to a new school here and about your apartment, you'll just have to forget about it. And you'll not be working anywhere." He smiles.

"First of all, I can't just abandon my apartment, I have my stuff there, and second of all, I do wanna work, to keep my mind occupied."

"I'm not changing my mind on you getting a job. I want you to get good grades all year round. And you and Dimitri can go on my jet to get your things from your apartment tomorrow."

Jet!?

I sigh, knowing he's not gonna change my mind, "Fine, but I wanna say my goodbyes to avianna and Jax, I gotta go."

I left his office, heading down the staircase to hear a few laughs. Dimitri and my new brothers sit there laughing at a videotape that was showing.

The tape showed my father in his young days, dancing with my mother, who seemed to be very heavily pregnant. I hear a few giggles, then the camera turns to a young Luca running after Lorenzo and Luciano. A laughing Dimitri is then showed tickling Damon on the couch. A sleeping Tobias is then shown with Theo laying on his lap.

They were happy.

We all broke apart. Me, with my mother and my brothers with our father. It all seemed that we were not meant to be together. I would've loved to see how our family would have been if our parents hadn't died.

I interrupted, "I gotta go now, I'll be back tomorrow," I say, starting to walk to the front door. I hear a few whimpers coming from my brothers but I just laughed continuing to walk. As I was about to open the door, Dimitri caught up to, "Why don't I drive you home, it's already late, and I don't want anything to my sister."

"It's okay, I'll be home before sundown," I smile softly.

"No, I insist. Plus, Dom would kill me If I let you go home alone." He chuckles, rating an arm around my shoulder.

I agree after a while and we get in the car. We arrive at the small house, after twenty minutes in the car with Dimitri's none stop talking about how he's going to be my favorite brother. I exit the car after promising Dimitri to send a good morning message tomorrow. I wave goodbye, ready to get a days-long rest for my flight. I said goodbye to Dimitri and head inside the house.

I meet Jax already asleep, popcorn around his face and the bowl on the ground. I chuckle to myself. I go upstairs to meet Avianna already asleep too, so I head to the bathroom to take a shower.

I rest my head on my pillow after a long refreshing shower.

Would I make a good sister?

My new situation had a lot of ups and downs. First of all, Alessandro might leave me alone for one, I would be closer to someone related to me after my mom's death. Then again, there was the school situation.

No, I didn't have any friends at school and the teachers didn't care for anyone, so it was a win-win.

At least I didn't have to see Kelsey again.

Yay.

I start to feel sleepy after a while, almost sleeping when my eyes start to close.

For once, I fell asleep peacefully.

Would I be safe with my brothers?

~~~