C H A P T E R 1

*11 years later*

RAVEN

The clapping of thunder in the sky awakened me out of another nightmare. Sweat glistened my body as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Looking at my alarm, I saw that it was 3 am. I let out a groan while looking out my window.

Lightning flashed through the clouds making it look like an extravagant art piece. The stars clustered together in the sky looking like lost souls who had finally returned home.

My mind wondered how I got so lucky to be out of a dangerous situation. Scars littered my body from past events that always haunted my mind. Those days were my past and I didn't need to be reminded.

I was snapped out of my trance by a knocking on the door. I lazily shifted out of my bed to answer the door. As I looked out through the peephole, I was greeted by a vacant hallway.

Deciding that it was just a prank I went back to bed. As I was about to enter my room, another knock stopped me from continuing. I started walking back to the door ready to yell at whoever it was.

Opening the door, I was met with an empty hallway once again. As I was about to close the door, something on the ground caught my attention. There was an envelope on the ground, stained with red liquid stamping it closed.

I stared at it debating whether or not to open it. Concluding that I should open it, I picked it up and closed the door. Going back into my room with the letter, I sat on the bed and started opening it.

As I opened it, I was greeted by a small dead rose. I was starting to get scared. I continued opening the letter and read through it. I finished reading it and placed it on my bed next to me.

I hope you didn't forget me
A.A

Staring at the wall in front of me, I was beginning to feel overwhelmed. I could never escape them a second time.

Why was this happening again?

I ignored the feelings that came rushing at me and played back on my pillow. Closing my eyes, I was brought with unwanted visions. Screaming and crying echoed in my mind, creating a very vivid dream.

~~~

The alarm next to me was determined to wake me up. A whimper left me knowing I had to work today. I got up and went to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. After I finished, I changed into my uniform and got my bag. I then left and began my route to the bakery.

When I arrived, the manager was at a table, talking to a stranger. He looked like he would snap at any moment. I quickly went behind the counter and started making the orders as the customers piled in.

Work had just finished, so I decided to go home and do my homework. When I got home, I did my homework, ate some snacks, and started watching television.

After about four hours of me watching the tv, I still couldn't sleep. Usually, I would fall asleep watching an episode of my favorite show but I couldn't. I had a gut feeling that something bad was about to happen. I got up and went to bed, successfully I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I felt an arm around me but I didn't dare to move. It could be a kidnapper or a killer for goodness sake. Gathering all my courage, I looked up and was met with my friend, Avianna, smiling at me.

Freak.

"You could have given me a heart attack!" I yelled at her. She just kept on smiling at me, not saying a word. "If you're not going to say anything, I suggest you leave," I said pointing at the door.