C H A P T E R 15

RAVEN

I looked at myself in the mirror, disgusted at what I saw. A few Bruises started being noticeable on my stomach and a very evident cut was on my right cheek. I had managed to sneak out of the house without my brothers seeing my bruises. Now sneaking back in was gonna be the problem. It was gonna be hard to hide this.

I was starting to wonder if he did this on purpose.

When we had come home yesterday from the game, Alessandro had stayed and slept over in one of the guest rooms.

After last night, I'm not sure what to think of him again. To know that all he does is comes into my life and ruins it is just sickening. I was starting to consider telling my brothers but then remembered Alessandro's threat.

'You're a selfish girl'

'No one wants you here

'They all hate you now that you're back

Is that what my own family thought of?

I was starting to believe it now.

Did I even belong here?

~~~

Something cold pressed against the temple of my head woke me up. I opened my eyes and was met by Alessandro holding a gun to my head, looking as serious as ever. I looked slightly to my alarm and saw that it was already midnight.

I almost heard a crack when he smacked the gun against my cheek, sure to leave a mark. "Get up," I slowly raised from my bed, raising my arms in surrender. He walked alongside me, the gun still attached to my head. We walked down the stairs and he started pushing me towards the door that lead down to the basement.

My eyes widened and my heart started lifting. My breathing started getting faster.

Was it too late to run now?

Was I going to die now?

He pushed open the door and nudged me further with his gun. I tried to hold on to the railing of the stairs but every time I did that he would hit me on the head with the gun. At the bottom of the stairway, there was a hallway.

It was dark and the only light that was cast upon the walls were those from a few rooms we passed. The hallway ended and we were in front of a door. He opened the door and pushed me inside.

The room was dark and eerily familiar. As I kept watching all around the room, Alessandro pushed down on the ground and put his foot down on my back, almost standing on me.

It felt as though an elephant at on me.

"Still weak as ever, I see." He chuckles cynically. I struggle difficulty out of his hold. I thrash around in pain as his foot starts getting heavier on my back.

My face starts to feel numb from the cold ground. I feel him start to take his foot off of me. He walks around in front of me and smirks sickeningly.

"I knew I would always see you like this again. I just had to wait for the right time. But it seems as though I don't have to wait anymore. now that you're back, I can do what I please with you. Even kill you." He smiles.

He circles me, just waiting to pounce at the right time.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask.

"You could've gone along with your life, free from any pain and torture. But your father was the cause of all this." He shakes his head, trying to forget my father out of his mind.