C H A P T E R 8

DOMENICO

"You're being suspended, Luca." The principal said as if he had been waiting for this moment his whole life.

"Thank you. I've been waiting for this for a long time." Luca smiles. With that, he leaves the office, knowing he'll not be going back to school for a few days.

I say my farewells to the principal and head outside to where Luca was, leaning against the car. I knew he did this on purpose because he had an underground fight for tonight. He's never lost a fight before. One time he almost lost a fight but he tackled the man, nearly knocking him out.

We arrive back at the house, whereas Luca just leaves the car hurrying to start training. No matter how hard I may have been on my siblings, I would still be proud of all of them.

That reminded me that I hadn't seen Dimitri for the entire morning. He only messaged me saying he was meeting a 'friend' of his. I was already suspicious since last night he came home late for a meeting.

I pass the guards and head into my office, ready to check the reports on what's happening.

A few hours later, I was still in my office when I heard a lot of chattering. I chose to ignore it but it continued. Sighing, I went downstairs to see what was going on. I halted when I saw the girl from the hospital and another girl next to her. The girl looked a lot older than her and had bright blonde hair.

All of my brothers were surrounding them, including Dimitri. I went up to them and cleared my throat. Dimitri looked as if he had just been caught by a ghost.

"Hey, Dom," he waves at me, his eyes not meeting mine. I folded my arms together and raised an eyebrow at him.

"What's going on here, Dimitri?"

"I just invited my friends," he smiles.

"Your friends, huh?"

"You know, we can go if you want. I don't want to be a burden on you guys," the girl interrupts.

"No, it's fine. Dimitri just didn't call and tell me we were having any guests coming over." I said, eyeing Dimitri. He knew better than invite someone without knowing their background.

"Oh my, sorry I didn't introduce myself. I'm raven," a deadly silence takes over the room. Everyone looked shocked except for Dimitri who looked as if he had heard what she said a million times before.

"Raven?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Yeah, that's my name." She smiles sweetly.

I nod my head and signal for Dimitri to follow me, leaving raven and the other girl with the guys.

We stop in the hallway leading to the dining area. "Did you find out anything about her?" I inquired. I needed to be sure that this was our sister before approaching her. I didn't want her to think I was a creep or something.

"The only thing that I found out was that she lives with her friend avianna, the girl who's with her right now. But when I asked her about her parents she kept changing the subject." Dimitri seemed to be deep in thought at what he just told me.

"I say we should be cautious because we still don't know if it's her."

"For some reason, I feel like I'm already getting attached to her." He chuckles.

"Well don't, you don't want to be disappointed again." I didn't want to be disappointed in myself again.

I turn to leave but he but he says something that makes me turn around fast. "One more thing, I kinda invited her to Lucas underground fight tonight." He grins cheekily, my eyes widening to the size of saucers.

"You what!".

"It's okay. She knows about the underground fights."

"What do mean she knows?"

"When I told her about it, she seemed to be excited about it, and then she told me that she sometimes went to compete."

I was starting to think she was our sister.

I roll my eyes at his antics and we start to head back to where raven and avianna were. They both sit on the couch across from the boys, talking to all the guys.

Luca comes into the room all sweaty and sits in between the boys who start to groan.

Great. Now the place is gonna smell like sweaty socks.

~~~

The girls stand in front of us, while my other brothers stand behind them since they were much taller. Luca stands in the fighting ring.

The bell rings and the fight begins. I see the man looking at Luca for his weak spots but Luca is quick to throw a punch at him. The man backs away, his nose now bleeding.

A vibration in my pocket makes me look away from Luca and the man. I flee outside to answer it without looking at the caller, thinking it would be my security guard.

"I see you've been trying to find me," a dark voice says, a little distant from the phone.

Matteo?

"I suggest you stop because you don't know who you're dealing with. He'll destroy you without you knowing," he chuckles.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say nonchalantly.

"Just a little warning. Don't try to find us and be aware of your surroundings. You never know who's watching you,"

He chuckles and ends the call. A cold sweat runs down my back, making my body stiff. I know I was the Italian mafia's don and that I had to be tough and ruthless regardless of the situation.

The metal sound of a door flies open brushing against the alley wall. Dimitri, our brothers and raven, and avianna come rushing out the door. A smiling Luca walks out, holding a trophy, proud of his accomplishment.

"You were great out there!" I hear raven say.

"I know," he flexes his muscles attempting to make him look strong.

Cocky much?

During the time that raven was at her house, she had already grown close to them. As if she was a part of the family. I hope she is.

We all start to leave when Dimitri turns to raven and avianna, asking them questions.

They soon leave while the rest of us got in the car and headed back home. I had already done my paperwork and now I was extremely exhausted.

All I need in my life is my bed and some food. And maybe some television.

After showering, I lay in bed now wide awake. I had a gut feeling that in a matter of time, I was about to get both good news and bad news.

All I had to do now was just enjoy time as it is now.

~~~