Chapter 0.08

6 Years Later

Asriels POV

"Self Appraisal," I muttered while eating some roasted fish.

Name:Asriel
Age:9
Race: ƏRRØR
Level:18
Threat level: medium
Hp:9000         Int: 270
Attack:300     Speed:120
Luck:70          Mp: ƏRRØR
Points:90        Affinity: N/A
Skills: Blade master (20) swordsman (20) archer (20) hunter (20) chef (14) tamer (4) scholar (20) appraisal (20) ƏRRØR...

"Still medium low eh? Put 30 into Int, luck, and speed," I said as I finished my fish lunch. I could physically feel my stats rise as I got up. My 10th birthday is coming up soon. I should head to the capital to test what affinity I have once I awaken it.

An affinity is what your strongest element is. It has to be more than 20% controllable to be counted. If you have another magic at the same level, it doesn't count as an affinity technically.

I decided to send a letter to Dimitri to let them know I'm on my way to the capital before I left the village with my bag in hand.

The trip was quite uneventful on the way there compared to when I first entered this world. I found that I can't level skills past 20, but the experience of using the skills can always improve. When I arrived, I was welcomed by Dimitri. He brought me to his new house which was part of their caffe. "Asriel! So nice to see you again!" Yelled Colton, catching a baking Maria's attention. Maria ran over, engulfing me in a hug.

"Ca-an't breath," I said as I patted her back in suffocation. She quickly let go before  dragging me around the new house. It was two stories tall with three bedrooms upstairs. She then dragged me back down stairs and into the caffe section to catch up. "Moma, who's that?" Asked a young girl. She looked around 5 or 6 years old. She had yellow eyes and light brown hair.

"Harmony, this is Asriel. Remember what we told you? He's the one who helped us," said Maria. I saw Harmony's eyes light up in recognition and wonder. She walked over and did something unexpected. She patted my head. I could hear laughter behind me and saw Harmony quickly back away with a red face. She must be embarrassed. I couldn't help but to smile at her.

Three days later, Dimitri had his birthday. He turned 11 today. Not only that, but he also unlocked his sixth sense! We were set up for affinity testing next week.

My birthday came soon after, so we decided to test me at the same time as Dimitri. Dimitri is going to start attending a magic academy soon too. I'm going to take my life to adventuring for a few years eventually.

By next week, we were too excited to sit still. "I wish I could be tested today too," Harmony pouted. "Now now, you'll be tested when you're of the right age," said Maria as we pulled up to the hall of magic.

There was a small line of people waiting to be tested inside. There were two who caught my eye. One had red hair and the other had blue. They were obviously very well off considering the guards and clothes that they were wearing. When the red head went up, he got a fire affinity. The blue one had a ice affinity and seemed quite upset at it.

Finally, it was Dimitris turn. "Plant affinity!" Said the tester. Dimitri was very happy to have a affinity. Only 13% of people start with one when they awaken their sixth sense.

Now it's my turn. I walked up to the tester. "Put your hands on the crystal please," they requested. I eagerly put my hands on it. Colors of all colors showed up, but instead of one glowing brighter than others, they all glowed equally bright. "No affinity," they said.

What? But they all glowed bright? The brighter, the stronger, so why? "Well if you think about it, they do have a affinity," says the assistant. I looked at them hoping that it was true. "An affinity for magic. All of them are equal, so by rule there's no affinity, yet it should be considered as magic in general," they said.

After that, I had to leave for the next person. "So? How'd it go?" Asked Dimitri happily. "The assistant says I have a affinity for magic, the tester says no affinity because they're equal in strength," I replied. All three of them froze in shock for some reason.

"All equal?! Do you know that that's never happened before?! The most recorded it 7 equal including sub elements!" Said Colton as he shook me by the shoulders.

Maria freed me from his death grip after snapping out of shock. "We both unlocked our sixth sense then? Awesome!" Said Dimitri happily. 'Self Appraisal'.

Name:Asriel
Age:9
Race: Hybrid
Level:18
Threat level: medium
Hp:9000         Int: 270
Attack:300     Speed:120
Luck:70          Mp: Average
Points:90        Affinity: Magic
Skills: Blade master (20) swordsman (20) archer (20) hunter (20) chef (14) tamer (4) scholar (20) appraisal (20) magic (1) seduction (10) ƏRRØR (1)

Why do I have a seduction skill?! What do you mean Hybrid?!