Chapter 0.11

Asriels POV

After finally arriving back at the town, I entered the forest once more. Now, how to find them? Maybe I can use magic to search.

I released a thin amount of mana like echo location. Nothing showed up in my range. Guess I'll just have to go further inside the forest.

As I walked, I collected medicinal herbs I came across. Once I got really deep in, I started to find mana crystal flowers. As I was collecting them, I heard a howl in the distance. I did a mana search again, finding wolf mana beasts by some kind of building.

After a quick walk, I came across a old shrine with wolf statues. "What is this place?" I wondered as I walked further in. That is, until a wolf mana beast blocked my path. It didn't seem hostile, but it was obviously protecting something inside.

We were at a stand still until the wolf coughed up blood. I quickly rushed over to help support them, leading to my hand being bitten.

I ignored it and tried to find its injury to no avail. The wolf slowly released my hand seeing that I was only trying to help.

'Human, who are you?' I heard a voice in my head. Was it the wolf? Did they have telepathy?

"Asriel. Are you the wolf?" I asked the voice, earning a snort from her. 'Yes. I'm Adria. As you can see, I don't have a lot of time left. Will you fulfill my last wish please? I beg of you,' she whimpered.

"What is your wish? I want to help," I said in reply. She closed her golden eyes before responding. 'My species is a hybrid of wolf and dragon. My son has yet to hatch. Will you please protect them? You're my last hope,' she whispered the last sentence.

She was clearly desperate for her child's safety. "I'll protect them. What is their name?" I asked with sad eyes. 'Darius. His name is Darius,' she replied.

She put her forehead against mine, and unbeknownst to be, a paw print mark appeared on my left cheek.

I stayed with her till she passed, taking care of her as best as I could. If only I knew how to use healing magic! I should've practiced it before I came!

When I get back, I'm going to take up that apprenticeship for medicine. I should check my status.

Name:Asriel
Age:10
Race: Hybrid
Level:27
Threat level: medium
Hp:13500 Int: 270
Attack:890 Speed:620
Luck:90 Mp: Average
Points:100 Affinity: Magic
Skills: Blade master (20) swordsman (20) archer (20) hunter (20) chef (18) tamer (10) scholar (20) appraisal (20) magic (3) seduction (10) ƏRRØR (1)

Familiar status:
Name: Darius
Age:0
Race: Spirit wolf
Level:0
Rarity: Legendary
Hp:? Int:? Attack:? Speed:? Luck:?
Mp:Large points:? Affinity:?
Skills:?

What? Is Darius is marked as my familiar because I'm taking care of him?
'So you noticed. I gave you a equals familiar contract. It is resembled by a mark given by the familiar, or a representative of the familiar,' said Adria in a weak voice.

I gently stroked her fur to put her at ease. "What would you like to eat tonight?" I asked. 'Anything is fine,' she replied.

I made rabbit stew that night for her. The next morning, she didn't wake up. I cried silently as I held Darius's egg in my lap.

I might've known her for a short time, but she was kind and treated me like her own child. "I'll take care of him, I promise," I whispered.

I gave her a proper burial before setting off for the previous town for the apprenticeship. It took me awhile to find the place, but I eventually did.

"Ugh another disappointment. Oh! Another potential applicant I assume?" Said an elderly woman as a disappointed boy walked away.

"Yes, my name is Asriel. Are you doctor June?" I asked. "Yes I am. Tell me, why do you want to be my apprentice?" She asked as she motioned me to sit.

"I want to protect people I care about. Recently, someone I cared for died from an unknown illness. I don't want that to happen again," I stated.

She continued to question me until she was satisfied. I would be one of her apprentices for the next year.