Chapter 0.15

Asriels POV

Today, I managed to get a break from socializing. I found a garden hidden behind the school. It didn't seem like anyone had been here in a long time.

"Ruwr," Darius growled as he shook his plushie around. I was letting him have some free reign today while I sat on a bench. I still haven't tried out my new skill, so this might be the perfect opportunity to test it.

'Transform'

There really wasn't any pain this time! It did feel weird though. Pulling out a mirror from storage, I was able to see a pair of horns on my head. Didn't I turn into something different the first time? Is the level too low? 'Appraisal'

[Target: skill 'transformation'
Key word: transform
Abilities:
1. transform into incubus form
2. Transform into human form
3. Locked
4. Locked

Skill level and level too low for full use]

Did appraisal level up? Let's try it on Darius. I haven't checked on him since awakening have I?

[Familiar status:
Name: Darius
Age:1
Race: Spirit wolf
Level:14
Rarity: Legendary
Hp:1300 Int:40
Attack:70 Speed:90
Luck:70 Mp:Large
points:0
Affinity: locked ---> spirit, wind, time
Skills: Cuteness(70) Puppy eyes(40) Empathy(20) Flight(5) Comunication(7) Magic(40) dragon blood(2) dragon eyes(1) mimick(3) quick thinking(8)]

Woah. It really must've leveled up along with Darius! How did he level up so fast? It's over double last I checked! Let's look into the skills more.

[Target: skill 'dragon blood'
Passive
Abilities:
1. Stronger body
2. Fast healing
3. Stat absorption

Target: skill 'dragon eyes'
Passive
Abilities:
1. See the true nature of the one he views.
2. Seeing the true form of the one he views
3. Immune to illusions

Target: skill 'mimick'
Key word: mimick
Abilities:
1. Can temporarily copy a skill
2. After enough time around someone, can copy their magic style]

My transform skill is locked, but none of this is? Let's just turn back to human for now. It'd be a problem if someone saw me like this. 'Transform'

.
.
.
.

'Transform'

.
.
.
.

[Skill is on cool down. Level up to reduce cool down]

No! You never said anything about a cool down! Why?! Turn me back! Ahhhhh! "Rur?" Darius layed his head on my lap. "Darius. Could you let me know if anyone comes here?" I asked.

Darius nodded before walking to a bush and jumping in. "Ah, I've been spotted," said a girl's voice. She stepped out, from behind it, revealing a young girl with long blond hair and a strong aura.

"I thought you would be his apostle, but you're clearly not. You're just a low class incubus," she said as she walked closer. I couldn't move! Somethings wrong. Somethings really wrong!

I'm not even her target, and she's not even trying, so why is there such a strong pressure!? "Hmm. Since your not my target, let's be friends?" She said, pressure completely disappearing as she did a 180 personality change.

I gasped for breath as the weight finally lifted. She's so strong! "You really are quite weak, but it's surprising you were able to stand with my skill in place. You must have the resistance skill at a high level," she said as she stopped in front of me.

"Are you mute? Use your rumored appraisal skill and tell me," she said as Darius stated growling at her. 'Appraisal'

[Name:Asriel
Age:11
Race: Dimi-god (Incubus)
Level:35
Threat level: high
Hp:60000 Int: 400
Attack:8000 Speed:2000
Luck:200 Mp: Large
Points:200 Affinity: Magic
Skills: Blade master(50) swordsman(50) archer(50) hunter(50) chef(23) tamer(30) scholar(30) appraisal(50) magic(40) seduction(10) Healing(34) Transform(4)]

"I... don't have one," I whispered. Her eyes narrowed. "What's. Your. Affinity?" She demanded as the pressure started to return. "M-magic," I said as I felt my hands start shaking.

[Familiar Darius has used mimick. Skill Devine pressure copied for 10 minutes]

Darius started to use the same skill, making the girl withdrawal hers in shock. "So that's why it didn't work as usual. Your Familiar also has this skill," she said as she returned to her friendly act.

"What breed is he? He's so cute! What's his name friend? Mine's Maya, what's yours?" She asked. "I'm Asriel... this is Darius," I said cautiously. "And what breed- oh? Sorry Asriel, I've got to go now. I'll talk to you again soon," she said before disappearing.

I fell down, gasping for air as Darius came and sat next to me. "Ruruw," he whined as his ears went down. "I'm fine. You did good Darius, thanks for that," I said as I pat his head.

Who was she? Was she someone who sided with the war God that the God of life mentioned? It sounded like it. I don't think many people know about apostles. The God warned me about nobility of lower ranks and to be cautious of those who stick to me. She doesn't seem to dislike being a follower either.

This is getting complicated. What did I expect? Life's not going to be easy no matter where you are. There are always complications.

[Cool down complete for skill 'transformation']

'Transform'

I should head back. I don't feel safe here anymore. "Let's go Darius," I said as I pet his head. His ears perked up as he retrieved his plushie before entering storage.

I managed to get back without any problems. I grabbed a book and went to read it in the courtyard. "Found ya," said Shane from behind the bench. "Were you looking for me?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the book.

"Not just me, but I found you first," he said as he sat next to me. "Who were you with? She smells like blood. Were you helping a girl with her period?" Shane asked.

"Was she on her period?" I wondered aloud. I felt I shiver up my spine, knowing that wasn't the case. "Oh well. Whatcha reading?" He asked as he leaned over to look.

"I'm reading about the different gods. There are so many," I said. "Yeah. Most people just choose a few God's to pray to. Why do you want to learn about more of them? Almost all of them have taken apostles already," he said as he leaned back.

"Also, you smell different. I heard you awakened your race, so what is it?" He asked. He really has a good nose. "Yeah, I'm a hybrid," I said. "So there IS a chance your part beast kind," he said with a grin.

"Eh? What are you talking about?" I asked. "When we were younger, I asked if you were secretly a rabbit beast kind because you jumped over my head," he said with a laugh. I couldn't help but to chuckle remembering the duel we had.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not a beast kind still," I said with a smile. "You know, we haven't dueled in a long time. How about it? You up for it?" He asked as he offered me a hand.

"Alright, I except your challenge," I said. By now, we had gained quite a bit of attention. "Meet me at the training grounds tomorrow before lunch. I'll go train," he said as he pulled me up.

"You should go talk to the others. They're about to arrive," he said, pointing to a doorway before leaving as Xavier entered the courtyard.