Love You to Death Chapter 12

"Oh good, he's here guys." a man with thick, curly hair stated matter-of-factly, motioning to the pinot noir bottle in my hand.

Three gentlemen stood at my door in the sinking rays of the July sunlight. It was eight in the evening. The rest of Type O Negative was here.

"Excuse me, miss...?" the one gentleman with shoulder-length black hair and a tribal-looking tattoo on his left arm said.

The man with the thick curly hair nudged him roughly and harshly whispered, "That's Rosemary you idiot."

"Ah, Rosemary. Sorry." He whispered back and made a sidewards glance at the man with thick, curly hair, "Rosemary, may we please come in? By the way, I'm Kenny." He stepped forward slightly.

"I'm Josh." The man with the thick curly hair shrugged lightly and sighed.

"I'm Sal." A man with dark sunglasses and shoulder length, dark hair said.

I was going to shit myself right then and there (but I didn't of course).

I smiled brightly and said, "of course you may come in. Peter's at the kitchen table." I then motioned for them to come inside.

One by one, the troop of men came marching in through my door, each one politely taking their shoes off by the door, which I was thoroughly surprised by.

"Who's here?" I heard Peter ask from the kitchen.

"The boys." I said back as I walked down the hallway, wine bottle in my hand still, making my way to the fridge to put it back while the rest of the guys were in tow behind me.

"The boys...?" Peter questioningly asked and then he saw Josh, Kenny, and Sal in the kitchen. "What are you knuckleheads doing here?"

"We went to your house and your mom said you were with Rosemary. We wanted to see what you were doing tonight." Kenny said with a slight smirk.

"Well, as you can see, Rosie and I just finished up dinner." Peter replied nonchalantly.

"Do yous want to take a seat? Did yous eat yet? Want anything to drink?" I asked out of politeness.

"Who in the hell says 'yous'? You're not from here are you?" Sal lightly made a jab at me, smiling a bit.

They took a seat at my kitchen table.

"I'm from PA; heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country." I replied.

"Ah, makes sense now. Well, welcome to Brooklyn. Why did you decide to move here?" Sal asked.

I looked at Peter, Peter looked at me. There was a slight awkward silence.

"Work." Was all I could muster out.

"Nice." Sal said.

I luckily had beer in the fridge for special occasions, so I got out 3 of them and slid them across the table to each of the men.

"What are we listening to?" Kenny asked curiously.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

The song that was currently playing was "Heartless" by A Day To Remember. I forgot to turn my Bluetooth speaker off.

"A Day To Remember. They're a hardcore band." I tried to play it cool.

"Huh." He cracked open his beer and took a swig, "Are they new? I've never heard of them."

I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.

"Yeah they're new." I replied to Kenny, scratching the back of my head.