Love You to Death Chapter 7

The time between Tuesday and Friday was dreadful for me. All of these thoughts kept swimming around in my head about the complexity of my relationship with Peter. My mind kept telling me that I was only here for one thing and one thing only: help Peter and leave. If I got myself in too deep, shit might hit the fan. My heart, on the other hand, battled with that thought. There was something about him that caught me off guard. His sincerity, kindness, and compassionate nature were things that I always wanted in someone. But who am I kidding? Why would he want to have an honest relationship with me when he can have any other beautiful woman on this planet? I've read over the various sexcapades between groupies and Peter. He loved women, yes, but he wanted to have them all. He was a good sweet talker and could make any woman feel wanted. He didn't like having someone say 'no' to him. Whatever was going on between him and I, I felt like I needed to nip the problem in the bud before shit did get out of control. I needed to talk to him, adult to adult. It might be uncomfortable, but it would help alleviate the strain I was feeling in the pit of my stomach. I wanted to lay all of the cards out on the table. I would do it when he came over tonight.

Peter traipsed through my door about quarter after 5, ducking under the doorway in the living room and sitting on my couch while I was upstairs. His footsteps echoed throughout the house. My heart started to race. I was fixing up my hair in the bathroom, the light coming in from the window making my hair a deep maroon color. I went into my bedroom to check my appearance in the mirror on the door. I tried my hardest to not look sexy that night. Not intentionally, at least. I just wore a black v-neck shirt, skinny jeans, and my checkered slip on vans. Nothing to write home about. My long, auburn hair cascaded down my back, reaching the top of my jeans. Walking over to my night stand I put in my nose stud and I spritzed on some of my perfume. I walked downstairs, taking a deep breath as I descended. I walked into the living room and saw him sitting there, the jolly green giant that he was.

"Hey Peter. Decide to let yourself in again?" I smiled at him and made my way over to my record player. I decided to put on Hotel California. I turned the volume down just a bit.

"It's not my fault you leave your door unlocked." I felt his eyes on me as I fiddled with the record player. I made my way over to the couch to sit by him.

"So, what's the plan for tonight, Rosie?" He shifted his position on the couch to look at me.

"Well, I was thinking I could pick up Chinese and renting a movie. Does that sound okay?"

"That sounds fine."

I grabbed a pen and paper off the coffee table and asked him what he wanted for dinner from the Chinese restaurant. I wrote down what I wanted and walked to the kitchen. While I dialed the number on the phone, I started to devise a plan with how I would bring up my concerns to him. I thought that tonight, I would get him pretty intoxicated. A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Alcohol was a truth serum of sorts and I was glad to use it in my psychological practices. A young asian man with a broken accent interrupted my thoughts and I returned to reality, placing the order. After I was done, I hung up and walked back to the living room. Peter was just sitting there with his eyes closed, enjoying the soundtrack that I had chosen for the time being. I came up on his side and gently touched his arm.

"Don't go falling asleep on me now, mister." I giggled. "What do you want to watch for a movie?"

"It really doesn't matter to me."

"Okay then it's settled. We are gonna watch The Silence of the Lambs. It's my most favorite movie ever. Also, the Chinese food was done, like, fifteen minutes ago. I'm gonna walk and get it." I chuckled to myself because that was my dad's joke whenever we ordered Chinese because the food was always done in record time. "The liquor store is right down the way too. Do you want me to pick up anything?"