Sometimes Better Alone

It took two weeks for Tommy to fully recover and for the stubs to heal and seal. His voice had yet to return so Callahan taught him sign language in the meantime incase the situation was more permanent. Tommy was grateful and as soon as he could he would just avoid people. He would actively avoid people like Jack, Nikki, Tubbo, and Dream. The only person well ghost he would happily seek out for company is Ghostbur. The sweet ghost always had some blue in hand to cheer up Tommy along with his sidekick Friend The Amazing!

Tommy was slowly recovering and feeling a bit better though he still avoided contact as much as possible. At one point Tommy, Ghostbur, and Fiend had run into Micheal in the woods. Tommy heard Tubbo calling Micheal's name so Tommy quickly left. He could hear Micheal calling after him after all he was the boy's idol. Tommy looked back once and gave a small wave to the boy before disappearing into the woods.

Tubbo had been calling for Micheal since he had somehow lost track of the boy. He heard his boy calling after someone. Tubbo looked in the same direction only to see a glimpse of yellow zoom away. Ghostbur was there trying to get Friend moving to follow after whoever had just run away. Tubbo greeted the friendly ghost only for him to freeze up like a deer in headlights. Ghostbur gave a nervous smile and greeted Tubbo back.

"Oh Tubbo my friend! What are you doing here? Oh wait you're likely looking for little Micheal here aren't you! Welp look at him here he is. All well and fine and nothing happened! Well I better go now! Lots to do and uh yea see you around!"

The sweet ghost rambled then managed to get Friend moving, and he rushed away in the same direction as the other person. Tubbo guessed the mystery person was likely Tommy seeing as the boy was nowhere to be found. He was only ever seen with Ghostbur and Friend. That or at Henry's grave seemingly taking a nap with his best pet. After the first time someone had tried to approach the boy to check on him, well they got a sword to the throat and almost losing a life to the boy. After that people would never approach him again while he sleeps. Seems like war habits die hard or just never at all.

Tommy finally stopped running when he felt far enough. Tommy looked around for Ghostbur only to hear Friend's angry bleeps a bit away. Tommy turned and smiled fondly as he watch Ghostbur trying to coax Friend to keep moving while Friend tried to stop to chew some grass. Tommy knew he felt better alone, but sometimes there is that one person that is worth keeping close. And Tommy could confidently say that Ghostbur was his person.